Time for another WinPhone..... or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Those are some very specific calculations. You should probably take a trip to your local AT&T store or sign into your account on their website and engage the chat people. They can explain the intricacies as they relate to your current plan, or any potential plans you could move to, much better than we can.

Doohickie

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I will look into that. That's kind of a tangent on the main thrust of the thread: WP or Android? I plan to get a new phone as early as Friday.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
And really it sounds like Android might be the way to go for you. The App issue sort of faded into the background in this thread. If it is a pressing issue, then Windows Phone 8.1 and Windows 10 Mobile will not be an immediate fix.

The Moto X is a fine looking machine. I still like the Nexus 6 better for screen size and resolution, faster LTE potential, Chipset, RAM, camera has Optical Image Stabilization, stereo speakers, wireless charging and battery capacity, more guaranteed and broader support... But that's me. http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=6604&idPhone2=6649

Again the Moto X should be a very nice plug and play upgrade from your 8x.

Think about this. When has paying over time EVER been cheaper than immediate purchase? Your phone is no different. If you can afford to buy a phone outright, do so and get them to explain how much that saves you each month from your bill...

Doohickie

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm on kind of a family plan though and it's a pretty good deal. I went to the AT&T website and finally found where they discuss rates for when the phone is owned, and I don't think I'll really save any money. Sounds weird, but the plan we're on is a pretty good discount and I don't they offer it on the other plan.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Well anyway.... so long and thanks for all the fish.

I'm off to Android land, at least for the time being. Getting an LG G3.
Good luck with your G3. I hope you like it. Please stick around to check out the new stuff happening with Windows/Windows Phone (Mobile).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon