I am shopping for a new phone, can I please get some help?

medic078

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
shopping fora new phone

A die hard blackberry lover, i have always been kind of interested in android but wary of leaving the familiar. But since BB is on the mend and I'd no longer feel like a rat abandoning ship I thought I might try something new. I will never have an iphone and was looking at android for a change. A coworker however suggested I also look at windows phone as I just got a new laptop running windows 8.1 and me mentioned how easily they synced up. This is a big draw coming from blackberry with it's desk top manager to back up my phone and a feature android sorely lacks. On the negative blackberry's biggest problem is lack of apps and that seems to be the same here. On the desktop anyways the facebook and twitter apps are terrible. I am on telus in canada so my options are very limited. So i am wondering. Can you community give me some reasons to consider changing over to windows phone over android to help me make up my mind.
Thanks!!!

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: shopping fora new phone

I'm not sure I can sell it on paper without sounding just like everyone else, but I think it's best you try it out for yourself.

Honestly, nothing in WP camp can compare to Blackberry Blend, which was a big draw to BB10 for me. But its user experience is quite good, although it was very good in BB10 as well IMO.
The app situation I think is interestingly similar. WP has a lot more native applications, and they work well, but BB has access to many Android APKs alongside its much sparser selection. (although mileage varies as I've noticed)

Maybe you can get a Telus Lumia 635 for cheap. (I just picked up the AT&T flavor here in the US to test drive, and I'm impressed.)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes