WP8.1 GDR1 - update downloaded couldn't be opened

kmilkovic

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
Ok guys, I have been plagued with the "Downloaded but could not open" error (8018830f) <<< I know that error code by heart now

I tried hard reset, I tried clearing temp, I tried rebooting and just about everything, nothing worked

Then I downgraded to WP8.0 Black using Nokias Recovery Tool, updated officially to 8.1 Cyan, then installed the Dev preview app and updated to 8.1 update 1, and it worked perfectly, now running 8.1.1 on my L625

So if any of you are in a hurry for the update, and don't mind wiping your phone (Do a backup first), that's the way to do it

But i can not recover to previous version. Both Nokia Software Recovery Tool and Nokia Software Updater for Retail, when i connect my phone say Software package not available for this phonenokia recovery.JPG

bobyracer2

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I fixed this using Nokia software recovery tool bringing my phone back to my original firmware then I downloaded a country variant firmware with navifirm and flashed it with Nokia care suite the did the regular updates and all worked well... It is not related to the actual storage available but to somethin else I already messed up something with the first update after the 8.1 so I think that was the problem :)))

migueli2

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
My guess with all Lumia 925 OS 985 is, we managed to download that update that MS revoked a day after so we stuck now.
Don't try to reset your phone cause it won't change your OS Ver.
So Mr. BF just send us some patch we can use.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
My guess with all Lumia 925 OS 985 is, we managed to download that update that MS revoked a day after so we stuck now.
Don't try to reset your phone cause it won't change your OS Ver.
So Mr. BF just send us some patch we can use.

Na, that can't be it, my father has a 925 while I have a 920, we both got the update that was removed a couple hours after, and we still got 8.1 Update 1. :/

migueli2

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
For now the only fix for L925 with error ...30f is the downgrade to OS 150 via Nokia Repair Tool the update to 155 and 160 and then via DP to get update 1.
Doing this procedure right now.

baja_2012

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
Million potentially customers of some new Lumia edition will think twice next time they are going to buy new phone. Times $500, enough to act quickly and not to wait for days for an explanation

KrisKenesei

May 29, 2014
Visit site
All of a sudden... My phone started installing the update, even though I had the very same issue as every person in this topic. I guess they have fixed it, then. 😏

akaliel

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
If you don't like, just don't use developer preview.

It's a valid complaint. MS is in a very distant 3rd place here, they can't afford to have a "if you don't like it, don't use it" attitude. People are just trying to run up to date software instead of waiting a year for their carrier to approve it. It's not like they're rooting their device and installing custom firmware here.

Installing the DP was encouraged by every WP site that I use, there is a decent expectation that it's going to work.

migueli2

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
It's a valid complaint. MS is in a very distant 3rd place here, they can't afford to have a "if you don't like it, don't use it" attitude. People are just trying to run up to date software instead of waiting a year for their carrier to approve it. It's not like they're rooting their Android device and installing custom firmware here.

Third place of what? Are you comparing trash OS like Android with Windows Phone?
Then I have nothing else, useful, to tell you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nehalwadehra