Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1217181920212223242526 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

The "problem" is that no one is saying what the problem is.

No more info on my 8X Blue. "Awaiting Inventory". No apology email either. Has anyone received their 8X Blue who pre-ordered?

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Edwin4NOH8 View Post
    No more info on my 8X Blue. "Awaiting Inventory". No apology email either. Has anyone received their 8X Blue who pre-ordered?
    not I

but I do have the apology email with the 30% off a case offer. no tracking, no charge on the account for the phone.

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Same here, blue 8X not recieved but I did get the apologies and 30% off. Now if some people have seen the blue one in stores...i should give some of them a call and maybe cancel my preorder as many have done.

Quote Originally Posted by anotherlab View Post
    I stopped in a Colonie, NY Verizon store when it opened at 9:00am. They didn't have any 8X phones in stock and they had no idea when they would be getting them.
    FWIW: I called another local Verizon store after posting that message and they had just received a 8X phones, in black. I went down and bought one. Very nice phone.

I've seen a demo blue unit in the store yesterday - but they didn't have any for sale. From all I've read, they have black units only.

Yup not a peep about the blue 8x. I tweeted their customer support to see if that gets me anywhere (doubt it)

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    VZW Twitter customer support says I should expect to receive an email in 24-48 hours for my blue 8X pre-order. Of course, they've been telling me that all week.

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    @MojoHand69

Did your FedEx tracking update properly along the way? My tracking has not updated since it was scanned in at Memphis. I typically get things next day from Memphis even if they were 2nd day packages. I was hoping to see mine today at some point too.

Quote Originally Posted by mundyb View Post
    @MojoHand69

Did your FedEx tracking update properly along the way? My tracking has not updated since it was scanned in at Memphis. I typically get things next day from Memphis even if they were 2nd day packages. I was hoping to see mine today at some point too.
    Yes my FedEx tracking upated properly. I was checking every hour. It was deliverd to my office. Though the phone is for my personal use, my company is a major VZW customer which may be why I received the phone the very next day. See my below FedEx details.
    Date/Time Activity Location
    -

11/16/2012 - Friday
    10:28 am Delivered ARLINGTON, VA
    8:09 am On FedEx vehicle for delivery ALEXANDRIA, VA
    7:47 am At local FedEx facility ALEXANDRIA, VA
    3:50 am At destination sort facility DULLES, VA
    -

11/15/2012 - Thursday
    9:00 pm Left FedEx origin facility COATESVILLE, PA
    7:43 pm Picked up WEST CHESTER, PA
    7:41 pm Shipment information sent to FedEx

i was told by a customer service rep that my blue 8X should ship the 19th (as kpxstar9 said earlier this week). The rep also told me it would be sent next day so i should have it Tuesday. i asked if i got upgraded next day shipping. His answer to me was that pre-orders always get next day shipping. Regardless, I'm hoping to have it Tuesday!
    Thanked by:

I don't believe everyone is getting next day shipping as VZW standard free shipping is 2day. I ordered a black 8X and the FedEx tracking info and label clearly read 2nd day. It just so happens that I recieved it next day. This could just be because if was shipped from PA to Norhtern VA which is only about a 4hr trip with light traffic on the I-95 corridor.

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    I really hope this is true for all of us, esp me! cuz I"m going out of town tuesday nite for the holiday. :)

Quote Originally Posted by jdballard View Post
    i was told by a customer service rep that my blue 8X should ship the 19th (as kpxstar9 said earlier this week). The rep also told me it would be sent next day so i should have it Tuesday. i asked if i got upgraded next day shipping. His answer to me was that pre-orders always get next day shipping. Regardless, I'm hoping to have it Tuesday!

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Ok... Deflated... My Memphis shipment was stuck there overnight. Looks like the driver picked it up at VZW shipping about the time the Nashville bound truck was leaving, cutting off all points east for delivery today. :(

Til Monday then. :'-(

Don't worry about me... I'll be okay... It's only a phone... :lol:

Hey, at least you know its on a truck. I keep getting told mine is 'pending shipment'. It has been for two days now.

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Same with mine it's been sitting in Memphis since last night at 11 pm sucks because a flight from here to Tennessee is like 45-50 minutes no reason why I shouldn't have gotten my phone today. Verizon should have given everyone free overnight for this crap.

Quote Originally Posted by mundyb View Post
    Ok... Deflated... My Memphis shipment was stuck there overnight. Looks like the driver picked it up at VZW shipping about the time the Nashville bound truck was leaving, cutting off all points east for delivery today. :(

Til Monday then. :'-(

Don't worry about me... I'll be okay... It's only a phone... :lol:

Got a tweet back (shockingly!)
    Blue is my favorite color! It will ship by 11/19. You will have your new phone in no time!
    Hopefully this is true!

Quote Originally Posted by MojoHand69 View Post
    I don't believe everyone is getting next day shipping as VZW standard free shipping is 2day.
    That was my understanding too (that it's two day), and despite the rep telling me it was next day on pre-orders, I'm not convinced. But, regardless if they're giving me free next day of it's the norm, I'll take it. :) Now as long as it ships Monday...

Why the he$$ doesn't VZW update the shipping information to reflect 11/19 then if that is the case. Geez, they really are terrible at this aren't they!?!

Quote Originally Posted by ansmarchin View Post
    Got a tweet back (shockingly!)
    Blue is my favorite color! It will ship by 11/19. You will have your new phone in no time!
    Hopefully this is true!
    What does the status of your order say?

Global Posts
    247 Global Posts
    This is by far the worst consumer experience i have ever had.

You would think Verizon was a new company with limited experience and resources. Its shocking that a company of their size can be so disorganized and unprofessional.

I preordered a blue 8x the hour it became available to do so.. and now im hearing that next wednesday is probably when i will get my shipment. Thats just shy of 2 weeks..about twice the time that we expected. Im not sure whos to blame - but this is insanity.

That said.....i cant wait to get it :D

Wonderful. It left on Thursday night 1.5 hours away from my house and it's going to take until Monday to get here. Perfect.

So this got interesting for me this evening. Earlier today I sent an email through the VZW support site, as well as directly to a few email addresses I found on various websites, expressing my extreme dissatisfaction with the situation - being told my order was 'pending shipment' for two days, everybody telling me the same thing that was obviously not true, nobody having any real answers.

So this evening I got a call. One of the CSRs I spoke with today had promised to call me back after talking to the warehouse, so I thought it was her. Nope. It was someone in the executive office. Apparently one of the emails got someone's attention. She told me that she got my email this morning and had spent most of the day looking into my order. It seems that normally, once your card is charged, the order information is sent to the warehouse for fulfillment and a tracking number is generated. The 'shipment pending' status is the time between this and getting on the truck. Something went wrong with my order between charging my card and getting the information to the warehouse - the warehouse was never able to see my order. When they looked further into what happened, it appeared that my order had been cancelled. Luckily, when an order is cancelled, they save off the date of the cancellation. My order was cancelled in 1969. Sooo.....that's not right. She's got their IT folks looking into what happened and figuring a way to release my order for fulfillment. She said worst case, they'll cancel my online order and she'll contact a local store and tell them to hold a phone for me. The bad news is, nothing else will happen until Monday, so it will still be Tuesday or Wednesday before I get my phone, but at least now I have someone I know is working my issue.

I will say this - and I mentioned this in the email that got things moving for me - the CSRs that I've spoken with have been sincerely empathetic and polite, and have tried to do whatever they could to help me. The problem has been lack of visibility even to their own people.

Global Posts
    247 Global Posts
    finally got mine cancelled - after 2 reps assured me over and over that it shipped on the 13th....ugh. So im going to the store after i get off working tonight and picking up a black one. If the Blue is amazing when they get it, ill pay restocking and swap out if needed.

Guys, please let me know if anyone got this on the Verizon status check screen. I check my order status and today for the first time the response was different and I got exited. Unfortunally the info is confusing, It shows the following:

• Courier :
      Ship Date:

No courier name, no ship date and still says it will ship 11/13. I was told by customer service that the blue phone will ship 11/19.
      Anybody got something like this ?