Redefining the PC

Why Microsoft's Surface phone could be MUCH more than a mere 'phone'

Surface Pwn 5

Surface Pro 5, Project NEON details leaked on LinkedIn?

XP-YESSSSSSS

Dell's already awesome XPS 15 gets even better in 2017

Surface table meets Windows 10

Yes, we did put Windows 10 on the original Surface table ... and it rocks

Cream o' the crop

Before buying a Microsoft laptop, check out our pick for the absolute best

Simple and secure, just the way I like it

We think Windows 10 Cloud is a great idea, here's why

uber micro

Halo Wars 2 has something for everyone. Here's our full review.

Oldie but goldie

We reviewed Microsoft's decade-old Surface table

Creators Update comin' at ya

These are the coolest new features in the next big Xbox One update (video)

Buyer's guide

The Razer Blade 14 is the best laptop Razer has to offer

Windows 10 app gems

10 terrific Windows 10 apps you should be using

Tower of power

Here's what we think of Dell's XPS Tower Special Edition

Quite a deal

Grab the complete C# coding bootcamp for $41!

Your go-to laptop guide

Introducing our ultimate laptop buyer's guide

Listen here

Attn Android and iPhone users: What you need to know about Windows phone

Old is new?

The original Surface Pro still holds its own in the 2-in-1 world

Xbox Greenlight?

No, internet, Microsoft isn't opening Xbox to all UWP games

Falling in love

HP Envy 34 review: An ultrawide curved all-in-one after my heart

2015 machine in 2017?

Surface 3 still holds its own in 2017

Let Kodi cut your cord

You should be using Kodi for Windows 10

< >
Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. cp2_4eva's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    755 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #1  
    So, I bought the 8x and loved it. The feel was great. The screen and sounds were great too. Not so great? The price for screen, storage amount, and camera tech. In comparison to the 920, I felt a bit cheated by HTC. The 920 has more storage, more screen real estate, and more robust camera tech and camera apps. So after a day, I went and traded it in for a white 920. While I like the added features and support, I really really miss the feel of my 8x. I am ALMOST tempted to trade online or Craigslist my phone so I can get that 8x back. Mind you I bought them at full price. there were dome One X features that I didn't find in either phone. I actually thought feature wise the 920 would best the One x but it didn't. Something tells me that HTC will make an add on like they did with the titan. Low light pics won't best the 920, but I might be able to live with that. There were a few apps that Nokia had that would be nice, but nothing serious I don't think. I'm torn.....what am I to do. I was ok with 14 GB of space. Apps and cam tech was my issue. Why me? Why. Haha

    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
  2. Smg-Uk's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    192 Posts
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #2  
    I guess it depends how many lowlight photos are you likely to take with your phone because if that's important to you then stick with the 920 however if you mainly take daylight photos i would swap back to the 8X because imo it has the edge over Nokia for that and even when Nokia brings out a update it really isn't going to be vastly better if at all.

    Other than that i guess it comes down to either choosing between the exclusive Nokia apps or the more comfortable to use 8X etc

    And i guess your from America ? Because here in the uk the 8X is 120 Cheaper sim free.
  3. thed's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    993 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #3  
    I feel you. There doesn't seem to be any one phone in this generation that is a clear standout in terms of design, features, and screen size combined. As a Verizon user, my decision has already been made for me but I think if I were on AT&T it would be a tough decision for me.

    As Smg-Uk said, you have to decide how much you value the advantages the 920 has over the 8X. How much do you use the Nokia apps, or take night photos?

    One would hope that if WP8 manages to gain some traction then we might see some third party apps that are real alternatives to the Nokia apps. iOS and Android certainly aren't hurting for lack of Nokia apps. But it will no doubt take some time before we see the effects of climbing market share.
  4. cp2_4eva's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    755 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #4  
    Yes, I'm in the US. American business models do things differently. Its worse for the consumers. I'm still trying to make a decision on the trade offs.

    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
  5. VagrantWade's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,400 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,412 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by thed View Post
    I feel you. There doesn't seem to be any one phone in this generation that is a clear standout in terms of design, features, and screen size combined. As a Verizon user, my decision has already been made for me but I think if I were on AT&T it would be a tough decision for me.

    As Smg-Uk said, you have to decide how much you value the advantages the 920 has over the 8X. How much do you use the Nokia apps, or take night photos?

    One would hope that if WP8 manages to gain some traction then we might see some third party apps that are real alternatives to the Nokia apps. iOS and Android certainly aren't hurting for lack of Nokia apps. But it will no doubt take some time before we see the effects of climbing market share.

    That is certainly one opinion.
  6. thed's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    993 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by VagrantWade View Post
    That is certainly one opinion.
    Yes, that is my opinion. What are you trying to say?
  7. VagrantWade's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,400 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,412 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by thed View Post
    Yes, that is my opinion. What are you trying to say?
    You stated it like it was a fact. But I am sure there are many people that believe the 8X or the 920 are far and away the premier premier phone ATM.
  8. thed's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    993 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by VagrantWade View Post
    You stated it like it was a fact. But I am sure there are many people that believe the 8X or the 920 are far and away the premier premier phone ATM.
    I don't think I was trying to convey it as fact. That's why I added the qualifier "There doesn't seem to be..." By the way, it looks like the OP agrees with my sentiments, and that's why I made the comment.
  9. berty6294's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3,339 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,354 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #9  
    I feel like we're comparing Trucks and Cars, Campers and RVs, Sound Bars and Surround Sound, KFC and Arby's, Cookies and Ice-cream, Pens and Pencils.

    Which is better? You can't say, it depends on what your in the mood for!
  10. cp2_4eva's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    755 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by berty6294 View Post
    I feel like we're comparing Trucks and Cars, Campers and RVs, Sound Bars and Surround Sound, KFC and Arby's, Cookies and Ice-cream, Pens and Pencils.



    Which is better? You can't say, it depends on what your in the mood for!
    In some ways you are right my friend. There are some differences in your argument, but for the most part it would seems that you are on point. It just kills me that HTC would charge people more than the cost of the 920. I would've been more secure in my initial decision if it was the same price.



    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Posting Permissions