Interesting new info about the Sim Card Error!

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Most of the time when you get the sim error, the phone will shut off by itself shortly after. But sometimes you will get the sim error and not even know until you check your phone.

Discovery: If you have the sim error, you will not get text messages.

My phone popped up today with the sim error and instead of rebooting it to fix it like I normally would, I decided to do a little testing. I grabbed my mom's phone and sent 3 text messages to my phone. I rebooted my phone about 30 minutes later and to my surprise, none of the text messages were delivered to my phone. This means that you could potentially be missing important text messages if your phone does not shut down by itself and the error goes unnoticed for an extended period of time.

Theory: This points towards a software error, not hardware. What I believe might be happening is that phone is still communicating with the cell towers and the phone is actually still receiving the messages.

However, because of the bug/glitch on the software's end, the messages do not get handled by the phone and are never saved. This could also explain why the "missing sim card" icon is never displayed when the error appears. There is supposed to be an icon that replaces the cell signal bars (you see this icon when the phone first boots up), but after getting the sim error, the phone still shows that it has a signal.

this_is_sarah 678

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I usually just restart it myself, but I still receive my text after the SIM error is fixed, and I get a symbol (likely the one you were talking about), it looks like a page with a dash through it.

sensodia

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Got the same problem with an HTC 8S, the tape tricks do not seems to work, maybe because it is not built like the HTC 8X. If you have got any clues about how to solve this, tell me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon