Sync Outlook.com contacts with HTC8x?

mike.strock

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I set up a new Outlook.com email address to use with my 8x . I set up my email address as my main Microsoft email address on the 8x, but it only shows me that it will sync email, not contacts. Is there a way for it to sync contacts?

Yes, I could set it up with my GMail account, but I wanted to use my Outlook.com account with the HTC8x . Contacts doesn't even show up as a sync-able option.

Am I missing something?

Mike.

thinkdan

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
If that's the first account you setup it won't give you the option to sync contacts, calendar and tasks because those will be synced by default. The only thing you can choose to sync or not is email. Check your People hub. Your contacts are most likely already there.

mike.strock

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
No, they are not there. I've waited a couple hours, thinking that it would take a little bit, but no avail. Still not there. I decided to just sync with GMail for now.

Thanks for the reply though.

Mike.

rocking23nf

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
confused.

is your outlook.com that you created and the microsoft account the same account?
are the contacts in the outlook account when you access it on webmail?

thinkdan

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Try this. Go to Outlook.com / People. Are your contacts there? If they are, try editing any contact, change anything, like a letter in the name and hit Save. Then wait a few minutes, go to your phone Settings / Email + Accounts, hold your finger over the account and hit Sync. Now go to your People hub and see if the contact that you just updated is there.
I had a similar problem today where only 7 out of about 25 contacts that I have showed up in my phone. I had to edit each one of the missing contacts manually and then sync as I just explained for them to show up in my phone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes