Windows Phone 7.8?

alex6272

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone!

Have any Surround owners received an update to Windows Phone 7.8 or even just Tango (my Surround is from AT&T but I'm using it on Rogers in Canada)? I haven't heard of any AT&T Surrounds getting updated recently so I figured I would check to see if anyone has information about when I might receive an update or even if I will receive one at all.

Thanks!

WasteSomeTime

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I thought HTC is not updating their phones. I think think they said the HTC hd7 will not get the 7.8 update.
Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express

alex6272

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I don't believe I'm familiar with the wpacker tool. I did update my phone myself but I used the Cab sender and update packages (I only needed English language packs so it was really easy) thanks to the instructions in one of the articles here.

For anyone reading this thread in the future- the update files and instructions can be found: xda-developers - View Single Post - [CAB] Official WP7 Updates List up to WP 7.8 + ALL LANGUAGES complete + OEM updates and xda-developers - View Single Post - [CAB] Official WP7 Updates List up to WP 7.8 + ALL LANGUAGES complete + OEM updates

pepsijosh

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
I did it via the Windows Phone Hacker Tool just tick all the language packs (if it is an AT&T HTC Surround) and it works perfectly right up to the latest version 8862; Alex's way seems rather complicated but the Hacker tool just downloads the cabs and installs automatically....anyone can do it; see my screen shot below =D

BHXPeWcCMAIB60c.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes