this day has finally come...

mstranquil

May 22, 2012
Visit site
Folks, after two long years as a webos developer (as a hobby) and a WP7 fan (as on obsession) my Lumia 800 is out for delivery and will be here in a couple hours.

Excited doesn't even cut it. Ive been on webos since April 09 (yes, April...) and I'm finally ready to give up the pre3.

I'm familiar with the phone, my father has it (after my strong recomendation) and I know the OS freakishly well.

I'm not here to bash webos/palm/Hp at all, but I'm looking forward to a battery life over 3 hours (seriously...), apps (basic ones like whatsapp (mother father and brother all live back in England)) and most of all, to use my zune pass!

I am currently on windows 8, and will definately be buying into windows 8 tablets and wp8 phones in October (depending on Lumia compatibility options...).

Anyway just wanted to share my excitement, and hope to see you around the forums.

Best,

Mark

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Welcome to WPCentral!

I was a long time Palm user. My last Palm was the Treo Pro. I didn't get into the first 2 Pre's, so I grabbed a Nokia N8 and was waiting on the Pre3. Of course that didn't happen. I then grabbed an imported unlocked/unbranded HTC Trophy. I really like the WP OS.

You'll enjoy the forums here.

reeneebob

May 18, 2012
Visit site
I love WebOS. Part of the reason I'm closely watching RIM and BB10 is that it reminds me a LOT of WebOS. I use my dual booted touchpad in WebOS mode far more than in android. I regret selling my Pre. I loved that little slick stone.

I currently have 3 phones I rotate through - a BB7 Bold 9900, iPhone 4, and I just won a Lumia 710. The BB, while a joy to type on, is getting used less and less for the iPhone and Lumia. I may be 37 but I'm so badly nearsighted anything smaller than iPhone sized screen real estate is getting very hard to read.

I am learning WP7 slowly but surely. It's the only phone OS I haven't used (well other than Symbian). I love the tiles. It's so clean. I just found out about "card view". Well, it's not true card view but the app switcher is pretty darn close...

I got blisters on me fingers! from using Tapatalk.

mstranquil

May 22, 2012
Visit site
Well it was all looking good until I tried to turn it on. Looking around here and google it seems I have the 'not charging' issue. I'm not too worried as ill be able to play around with it when I'm home, but it is a little disheartening.

I'm assuming this doesn't have the software update that supposedly fixes these issues as its a new and sealed device. Either way ill keep you all posted and thanks again for the warm welcome.. nice to see some webos fans on here :)

Mark

mstranquil

May 22, 2012
Visit site
Its worth saying that an added element to this story is that I have to get my Sim cut to fit it. No big deal. However, if this becomes a serious issue and I need to go back to a palm phone, then I have a problem. My tmobile closes at 6 so if I cant get it charging in two hours from when I get home, it will set me back a day. Annoying, but worse things have happened!

Mark

reeneebob

May 18, 2012
Visit site
Its worth saying that an added element to this story is that I have to get my Sim cut to fit it. No big deal. However, if this becomes a serious issue and I need to go back to a palm phone, then I have a problem. My tmobile closes at 6 so if I cant get it charging in two hours from when I get home, it will set me back a day. Annoying, but worse things have happened!

Mark

I run my iPhone off a BB data plan, and because of the 9900 taking a full sim an the iPhone a micro, I feel your pain. I picked up a sim adapter though from a wireless store and just pop the micro sim in, slip it into the 9900, and I'm good to go.

I got blisters on me fingers! from using Tapatalk.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3