Hello from iOSMicrosoftDroid

iOSMicrosoftDroid

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi there, I have been stalking the forums for a few days now and finally decided to sign up. I have been a loyal iOS user for over three years now and have stuck to my iPhone 4. I am now tempted, only for the sake of change, to try out a WP device.
So I thought to start with a big hello to everyone; love the layout of this website!

Cheers,

iOSMSFTDroid

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the dark side. Unfortunately, the device you'll be able to get will depend on what carrier you on. There are some sweet ones out there.

iOSMicrosoftDroid

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, everyone. @DBDev, aesthetically I am really attracted to the Lumia 925 as it looks very attractive. The reason for wanting to try it is that while I love iOS and Apple products, I feel Microsoft has taken a bold risk with Windows Phone 8 and it seems worth experimenting with. It would be nice to have a different screen layout to look at every morning and yes, I want a phone without too many apps as I intend to hold on to my iPhone for work email. Meanwhile, I can continue using Facebook, Linkedin and Bloomberg on my iPhone/iPad and yes, I want to see how I feel about a phone with a new OS that I will only use as a phone.
Blkacesvf41, I am in the UAE so carriers are not an issue as the trend here is for unlocked phones and subsidised plans are optional/rare. The 1020 looks interesting too and I don't mind spending money on it, whenever it comes out here, but as I said before, I find the 925 much more appealing aesthetically. On a different and lighter note, it is kind of amusing that I am conveying these thoughts on my Macbook Pro while Apple is bracing to launch a new phone in an hour. :) [Sorry, no nano-sim for me as changing phones in the future will require revisiting the carrier's outlet in a mall and asking for a replacement and I am too lazy for that!]

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, everyone. @DBDev, aesthetically I am really attracted to the Lumia 925 as it looks very attractive. The reason for wanting to try it is that while I love iOS and Apple products, I feel Microsoft has taken a bold risk with Windows Phone 8 and it seems worth experimenting with. It would be nice to have a different screen layout to look at every morning and yes, I want a phone without too many apps as I intend to hold on to my iPhone for work email. Meanwhile, I can continue using Facebook, Linkedin and Bloomberg on my iPhone/iPad and yes, I want to see how I feel about a phone with a new OS that I will only use as a phone.
Blkacesvf41, I am in the UAE so carriers are not an issue as the trend here is for unlocked phones and subsidised plans are optional/rare. The 1020 looks interesting too and I don't mind spending money on it, whenever it comes out here, but as I said before, I find the 925 much more appealing aesthetically. On a different and lighter note, it is kind of amusing that I am conveying these thoughts on my Macbook Pro while Apple is bracing to launch a new phone in an hour. :) [Sorry, no nano-sim for me as changing phones in the future will require revisiting the carrier's outlet in a mall and asking for a replacement and I am too lazy for that!]

I'd be all over the 925 if I could, that's a sexy looking phone! I find that most people that give Windows 8 and WP8 a try come away really impressed and end up really liking it.

sumothong01

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Welcome. I don't have anything to say about iOS as I don't use any apple products. But I will say I was with Droid from the very beginning. When I went to upgrade I had every intention to get a S4. Started playing with WP while waiting for a salesperson. I was hooked. Fresh UI smooth operations. If you look at it with an open mind and not a status symbol you'll like it WP.

DBDev

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site

Yea, the 925 is a really good looking device! :D

iOSMicrosoftDroid

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
By the way, how would a 925 serve as a replacement for my BlackBerry? I use it ONLY for work email and data when I am traveling. I would be interested to know if anyone made this swap (BB to WP for work email).
Thanks!

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
By the way, how would a 925 serve as a replacement for my BlackBerry? I use it ONLY for work email and data when I am traveling. I would be interested to know if anyone made this swap (BB to WP for work email).
Thanks!
I came over from a BB Torch 9850. Imo nobody does email better than BlackBerry, that's their bread and butter. Don't get me wrong, the email on WP8 works well but is not as option and feature packed as BlackBerry's. So it's a personal preference thing, am not a big email guy so WP8's is good enough for me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon