Instagram on Windows Phone

clindhartsen

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: Petition Instagram!!!

Here's the question: If they did create an app, and they only updated it to fix bugs early on, then left it in the store for months without changes, would we be fine with that?

Ultimateone

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: Petition Instagram!!!

this should be posted in the giant 4 page thread on the WP8 forum, the forum is super tired of the constant IG threads

Locutus3d

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Then stop spamming.
And petitions are very dumb.
Especially for an app like Instagram.

There are better and more important features that Microsoft and third party developers should be working on bringing to WP8.

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Come on, guys. If people want to push a petition for Instagram, let them be. After all, the worse it can do is help the platform.

Gaichuke

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Chris Weber says in an article here in WPCentral that both Nokia and Microsoft are already putting a lot of effort for getting Instagram for WP8. I don't think any petition is needed here, they know that Instagram is popular and want to offer it as soon as possible.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
No, petitions won't help the platform. App publishers aren't the US government where a certain number of signatures requires some kind of action. What will help the platform is people using Windows Phone; what good is a petition going to do when prospective app publishers see a less than 2% usage rate (or whatever it is now)?

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Honestly i'm really surprised MS+Nokia haven't got the app there yet. Personally could care less for Instagram, but i'm sure those two companies know it's important.
Nokia single-handedly got Rovio to make Angry Birds and one special game (Bounce Evolution) for N900 before even Android got the game. Device that probably sold around 100 000 back in 2009.

I'm just thinking that MS and Nokia would probably happily do the software or pay for the work.

Andrew Z

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Honestly i'm really surprised MS+Nokia haven't got the app there yet. Personally could care less for Instagram, but i'm sure those two companies know it's important.
Nokia single-handedly got Rovio to make Angry Birds and one special game (Bounce Evolution) for N900 before even Android got the game. Device that probably sold around 100 000 back in 2009.

I'm just thinking that MS and Nokia would probably happily do the software or pay for the work.

honestly though, that relationship might be strong because both companies are Finnish. Sounds weird, but I think that's why that was able to happen

JamesDax

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Well, I've been playing around with Fotoroom for a bit and I guess I can see what the appeal of Instagram must be. So I guess it would be nice if Windows Phone got it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon