Rename either email address or microsoft account? Problems...

simbadogg

Aug 28, 2008
Visit site
I've been searching and trying to figure out how I got about renaming my microsoft account from a live.com to outlook.com. Every time that I try to change it I get a page that says "The email address associated with your Microsoft account can't be changed".
Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong or how i can go about getting around this? I really want to switch from live to outlook

Alex Rodriguez

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I've been searching and trying to figure out how I got about renaming my microsoft account from a live.com to outlook.com. Every time that I try to change it I get a page that says "The email address associated with your Microsoft account can't be changed".
Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong or how i can go about getting around this? I really want to switch from live to outlook

Rename your account to an outlook.com email address - Microsoft Windows

http://winsupersite.com/windows-live/outlookcom-tip-use-email-aliases

simbadogg

Aug 28, 2008
Visit site
I'm not sure if you missed it, but I said that when i go to the rename your account page, I keep getting this message "The email address associated with your Microsoft account can't be changed".

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I just switched over myself and although my default address is still from the "Live" domain, I created an alias from my outlook, that I then made my default send from address etc. As far as email goes, I am now an outlook.com guy, my default Microsoft account for Windows Phone, store etc is still my Live (ie. "master") account. I'm fine with that since it will never see the light of day publically.

MikeTheYid

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
If you're already using .live.com and want outlook.com doesn't it let you upgrade to outlook anyway?

Now if's a .net microsoft account say with a gmail address it won't let everyone use the rename feature.

You might have to just create a new outlook address, download your contacts photos etc and import them to the new account, and for your apps etc you must change it via the xbox to keep purchase history.

falsehopess

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site

I am in the same boat with all this google nonsense I thought I would just change to an outlook.com email and factory reset the phone to sign in with the new email. Well I am getting the same screen saying "The email address associated with your Microsoft account can't be changed". So how do we go about changing the email associated with a Microsoft account

jayruguitar

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft has temporarily disabled the rename feature as they try to resolve naming issues on the back end. No word as to when it will be turned back on. 😒

Alex Rodriguez

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Is there a reference to this somewhere?
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by jayruguitar

Microsoft has temporarily disabled the rename feature as they try to resolve naming issues on the back end. No word as to when it will be turned back on. 

When you try to change it on the mail that's the message that pop up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3