Outlook 2013 sync to Outlook.com?

sprtfan

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
I looked into this a while ago and I don't think it was able to be done but was hoping something might have changed. My internet provider changed its email client and I can no longer forward it to my outlook.com account and setting it up as POP does not work consistently and is to slow. I read a few things about calendar and contacts syncing up from Outlook 2013 to Outlook.com but it was not clear if emails could be synced as well. Anyone know if this is a possibility? Thanks

SteveNoza

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
I'm surprised someone smarter than me hasn't responded yet. IMAP and ActiveSync email accounts sync calendar, contacts and email just fine with Outlook desktop, outlook.com and any devices you may own. Microsoft's Hotmail/outlook email uses ActiveSync and sends and receives email just about instantly. I have an old Yahoo (POP) account that I finally gave up syncing through Outlook desktop, and only have it on my Surface tablet. It might be time for a modern email provider.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
I am still using/needing to use the full Office suite of programs. That means that I want to have Office *.* to sync with my phone. The only way I have found to do it rather than going through Outlook.com is to use a program called Akruto. It's priced around $30 dollars and offers you the ability to sync your Office *.* calendar, emails, contacts and tasks to your phone. The same app also lets you sync your Outlook *.* data to Android and Apple phones. Best money I've spent in a long time. Have a look at this program. I've used it from Outlook 2007 through Outlook 2013 and they say it will be compatible with Office 2016.

By the way, you can sync via USB cable or Wifi. I use WiFi.

sprtfan

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, just to make sure I have everything right. I want to set up my Outlook 2013 to receive email from my Outlook.com email and my provider supplied email via IMAP (or POP if need be). I know that I will not have a problem with the Outlook.com email but I want the provider supplied email to be pushed up to the Outlook.com account.
I'm normally not at my main computer but have access through about 8 different other computer I may be working at that day. These computers are not only for me though so I can't set up additional Outlook 2013 email access on them. I could use my providers supplied webmail but then I'd need to check 2 different places and my providers web access very slow with very few management options. I'm trying to move away from my provider supplied email but it has been slow going so far getting everyone to update their address book.

sprtfan

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm surprised someone smarter than me hasn't responded yet. IMAP and ActiveSync email accounts sync calendar, contacts and email just fine with Outlook desktop, outlook.com and any devices you may own. Microsoft's Hotmail/outlook email uses ActiveSync and sends and receives email just about instantly. I have an old Yahoo (POP) account that I finally gave up syncing through Outlook desktop, and only have it on my Surface tablet. It might be time for a modern email provider.

I have only been able to set up POP account on Outlook.com. If I can set up a send/receive account via IMAP on Outlook.com I think that would take care of all of my problems. I've been able to get POP to work, but has about a 10min+ delay on receiving the email.
I've read that Outlook.com is moving to the same backend as Office 365 but not everyone has been moved over yet. Hopefully when that happens things will be better as well. Anyone know how to get moved over to the new Outlook.com? Thanks

SteveNoza

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
When you set up your POP account on Outlook desktop, make sure you make all the right choices along the way for a POP account. If I remember right, there is a choice to what time intervals you can "ping" the email server, choose the shortest time.

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Your second post you say you want your provider email pushed to your outlook.com. That's what I do with my Comcast account. Just turn on email forwarding at the providers online account settings. Enter your outlook.com address, you should also have an option to save a copy on the server, our delete it after its FWD.

sprtfan

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Your second post you say you want your provider email pushed to your outlook.com. That's what I do with my Comcast account. Just turn on email forwarding at the providers online account settings. Enter your outlook.com address, you should also have an option to save a copy on the server, our delete it after its FWD.

The problem with email forwarding is that AOL, Yahoo, and a few other services have changed their DMARC email specification policies to no longer allow email to be sent from anywhere other than them. What happens is that any email sent with these setting in place, will not be forwarded to the other account. AOL and Yahoo made the changes do to a large number of people spoofing others email account and spamming people from them. Here is a link that probably explains it much better. Here's how AOL's and Yahoo's recent email changes may affect users - LA Times
Better links out there but this was the first one that came up when I searched.

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I forgot about that. Youre right. Although he was referring to his provider email. AFAIK, they still offer that. I know ATT/Yahoo and Comcast still does it. Yahoo only to the extent that youre an ATT UVerse or DSL customer.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon