did i miss an update?

narv

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
So I woke up this morning and my surface tablet had restarted itself (like it does when it has major updates) so I logged in and I noticed my start menu was all different. I checked the windows updates from the control panel and history, and there has been nothing major other than the daily defender updates.

Before my start menu tiles were only 3 high, but now they are 4 high and smaller tiles. Was there an update I missed or was a setting changed that I haven't been able to locate? I prefer the 3 high bigger tiles because of the screen size, I liked the bigger tiles, so If I can change it that would be great!

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I don't think there was an updated. The only thing I can think of is that you may have changed a setting to allow this.

narv

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
hmm restarting it worked.. any idea what caused the issue? I thought that maybe it was a resolution change but that didn't change it, thanks!

pedenske

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm really not sure but I do know the operating system chooses the tile height bases on resolution so maybe there's an RT bug but who knows.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon