Alarm Volume Not Loud Enough on 1020

tallarob

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
I convinced a colleague to buy a Nokia 1020 and she complains that the alarm volume is not loud enough. Does anyone else have that same problem? Would a different alarm app help?

hwalker84

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Change to a different alarm than the default Nokia one. It wouldn't wake up a sleeping cat it's so low. Also make sure the phone volume is on 30 before going to sleep.

tallarob

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
She tried all the tones that came with her default alarm app and they were all too quiet. I listened to them and confirmed that they were not very loud. We tried the same alarms on my 928 and they were much louder. I suggested she download a different alarm app, which she did, and this one is much better. Go figure.

jeffskent

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
I have a Nokia 1020 with the exact same issue. My solution is to use the custom alarm sound. I use the song Rebel Rouser by Dwayne Eddy, but any loud song will work. I do, I do, I do, or Gimme, Gimme, Gimme, both by Abba have very long, loud instrumental introductions which work very well for alarms. An additional side benefit is that the song alarm sounds play at least the entire 3 minute song and don't shut off after 5 to 30 seconds as some alarms do. Finally, you could easily get an mp3 of a loud alarm clock bell or a klaxon horn and use that as the custom alarm. Easily done and very effective as well.

sym1a1a

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I have found the volume of the built in alarm on all my WPs to be way to quite, I ended up buying a third party alarm app, not only does it have great volume but the use of my personal music was a big plus, I currently own the 1020 came from a 920 from the original focus

mwnoaman

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Hey there!

Actually I had the same problem, at least I thought I did, as I also carry a Lumia 1020. The fact is, after working this out for HOOOURS, it turned out that the alarm starts at a low volume and then it gradually increases to a deafening level!
How I found this out is that I accidentally selected a short MP3 file (added it via USB connection into the 'Ringtones' folder) of say 5-12 sec, to be my alarm tone, and with that I could observe a difference after 1 minute in the alarm volume ... so it really works :cool: !! though as far as I know, this is not mentioned anywhere :angry:
What I believe you should do is select a short sound file as your alarm tone, because each time it is iterated, it plays at a constant volume, but is louder than the preceding iteration. Meaning that if you select a short sound file, you will get a gradual loudness in your alarm, but with a 3-4 minute song you might not notice that, as this will take much longer.

Hope this helped

Cheers

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes