Solved ALL the 1520 Touch problems!

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
see the other thread I linked above - might help you

While we're on the topic, lately my 1520 has gone from the occasional errant phantom tap to extended periods of full-on touch screen freak out. The start screen will rapidly move up and down (short distances), and sometimes Cortana comes up. If sms is open, random texts are typed with lots of line breaks. Maybe it's a message from outer space, but most likely it's an issue with the lower right corner of the digitizer. It's always resolved by pressing the power button for a few tenths of a second, so I wonder if it's got something to do with charge buildup. Anyway, all guesswork, maybe I should take this as a sign to jump back on the 950XL bandwagon. :D

Sent from mTalk, a great Tapatalk alternative on Windows Phone

Paul Stasik

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
While we're on the topic, lately my 1520 has gone from the occasional errant phantom tap to extended periods of full-on touch screen freak out. The start screen will rapidly move up and down (short distances), and sometimes Cortana comes up. If sms is open, random texts are typed with lots of line breaks. Maybe it's a message from outer space, but most likely it's an issue with the lower right corner of the digitizer. It's always resolved by pressing the power button for a few tenths of a second, so I wonder if it's got something to do with charge buildup. Anyway, all guesswork, maybe I should take this as a sign to jump back on the 950XL bandwagon. :D

^^^ That's what happened to both my 1520.3 (green) and my roommate's 1520 (black).

Going to open 'em up and try to fix them with some of these tips.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
^^^ That's what happened to both my 1520.3 (green) and my roommate's 1520 (black).

Going to open 'em up and try to fix them with some of these tips.
Let us know how it goes. I heard these phones are tricky to open up without damaging something. Meanwhile my second 950XL is on the way, so I might have a slightly twitchy 1520 for sale soon. :)

reimon123

Jan 20, 2016
Visit site
if my solution is not working, you have faulty touch screen driver /ic.
replacing lcd and digitizer is your last resort.

my 1520 still working and no complain from the 2 clients.

cincykid76

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
if my solution is not working, you have faulty touch screen driver /ic.
replacing lcd and digitizer is your last resort.

my 1520 still working and no complain from the 2 clients.
And which one was yours? ... I'm not putting another penny into this phone just to try to sell it. And definitely not when some say the problem still returns. This was the Windows phone I will buy, I've already switched to Android

cz9h3d

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
My first 1520 (bought as a recent MS refurb) is currently on eBay (search for "wonky"). It worked fine for 6-8 weeks, then phantom touch crept in, then it was totally unusable - then it worked fine, then it was totally unusable, etc.
My current (supposedly brand new - looks like it was a treasury dept unit never deployed) so far is fine - other than I have a touch/selecting issue in Messenger only! Go figure - maybe a Windows 10 problem.

reimon123

Jan 20, 2016
Visit site
And which one was yours? ... I'm not putting another penny into this phone just to try to sell it. And definitely not when some say the problem still returns. This was the Windows phone I will buy, I've already switched to Android

The picture i have posted is mine.

xnakeg

May 16, 2016
Visit site
well guys i try this method in my 1520 at&t really works i just put a little papper in the ribbon of th e front facing camera and now my screen is normal again i dont know what is involved in this but works for me too

silvertonesx24

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
This works for me as well- initially. however, the problem always tends to slowly come back. I go back in, add more paper, it works for a little, but eventually the phone will start freaking out again.

Anyone else have this?

LikeLumia

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
ONLY permanent solution is to replace the whole assembly (LCD + digitizer + frame)!

My conclusion as well, i have had many 1520's and tried all mentioned solutions. Nothing works for a longer period of time except for changing the screen for an original one.

Sent from mTalk

silvertonesx24

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
My conclusion as well, i have had many 1520's and tried all mentioned solutions. Nothing works for a longer period of time except for changing the screen for an original one.

Sent from mTalk

Unfortunately an OEM digitizer if you can even be sure its OEM is half the cost of a replacement

sebr

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
I have had a lot of 1520's on my desk: cracked screen, ghost touches or battery problems. One advise I can give is to not bother with the cheap LCD assemblies below 100 €. Most of them already come already with manufacturing defects (dead spots on digitizer, clouding, backlight bleeding, flickering). Almost every assembly started to come apart where the frame is glued to the glass and glass lifts away, dirt comes in ...
Same with battery: cheap ones have no authentification circuitry, charge only up to ~83%.
Honestly: a genuine Nokia screen and battery will cost you around 250 € from trusted source. Only for parts, considering you install it by yourself. And that is way too much to put into such an old phone. And with the uncertain future of W10m ... just retire or dump it and get a new phone.

Marcel Eggens

Nov 2, 2018
Visit site
My almost 4 year old Luma 1520 recently started acting weird.

When I put some pressure on the low right corner of the screen the touchscreen totally freaks out and starts tapping randomly in the low right corner of the display.

When that happends all other touch functions are not responding. Putting some pressure on the other corners and pressing the power button solves the problem for a few hours or days.

The problem randomly occurs, but I can easily replicatie the problem by putting pressure on the low right corner.

My phone has always been in a protective case with front cover, and even though it is almost 4 years old I'm not quite ready to part from it yet.

Any idea's what could cause the issue and how to solve it?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon