Volume down button not working on 720

riotnrrrdd

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
HI ! I've been experiencing this problem for more than 1 month now, ever since i updated my phone to amber i've been experiencing this problem at first i'll have a hard time reducing the volume then after a while its no longer working ! i haven't drop my phone EVEN ONCE not ever and had never had any major issue with it i can't also do a soft reset its just like no volume down button is no longer working ? any advice or fix for this problem ?

luk3ja

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
If restarting your phone doesn't fix it then a hard reset is the next option and if that doesn't work then it is likely a hardware problem so your button will need replacing, if it's within warranty it will be done for free

vampirevaz

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Go to music player.. play a song.. set volume to max..and press hard on volume down to bring it 1 o r 2 points down. then do a soft reset (press volume down and power button together for 15 seconds) ...phone restarts and problem solved!....Seems a bug in music player.. Worked for me ...try

dronejc

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Hey,

This way of soft reset helped, but for a little while....tried this and it worked really great. But you need to open your handset.

What I did was, opened the back cover, disconnected the ribbon terminal of volume controls and reinserted.. Also checked the main control touch buttons(Back, Windows key and search key) module and reinserted. After reboot, hard reset the handset using vol down key after power vibration.... After every thing is complete...my handset worked like charm. During this process, found the actual problem which I feel would be, is that the hardware for back touch button is interfering with the volume down key. Since, when ever I used to press the volume down key hard, the back button used to get activated.

Hope the above process helps....May be a little risky for those who don't want to fiddle with hardware....but Since i have some experience of "How to" i tried....

Any ways good luck....

dronejc

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Hi all

Found another way to fix this issue. First, dial any number and put speaker on. Then try using volume down key, it would start working.
Disconnect the call and then try using the key, it will continue to work.

It worked for me, hope it does to you as well. All I could conclude in layman's perspective is, there is some hardware interference with the software.

PS: The earlier option of opening the phone and fiddling with the hardware helped me. This solution is for those, who are not willing to follow that option.

Robindra Ngangom

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
Today I faced the same issue and I was searching through the google and some one mentioned in nokia support forum that this may be due to SD card. AS other other option are reset/ go to the nokia care. So, i just tried with removing the SD card ( make sure you turn off your mobile) and now it start working. So. my suggestion will be if you have external SD card, then try this step atleast once before you go for reset or nokia care. now my Lumia 720 volumn control is working as expected. Best of luck ..

kanishka369

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
I've found the solution to this problem. Go to the app store and download either 'Adjust Volume' or 'Volume' app. Both have very simple UI. They both help to control the volume of the phone.

Pulserider

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
For a interim it is a good temporary solution, but to face for the long term it is a hardware issue and should be taken to Nokia Care.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes