Data Sense

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so I thought this was just kind of gimmicky when I was reading about it. I thought 'I can just use the my-verizon app to see my usage, who cares about this Data Sense thing?'

Boy was I wrong. It's actually pretty fantastic! Once I got it all set up with my data limit (Yes, I am a new customer to VZW as of two months ago so I have a limit) and what day the new data kicks in I was good to go.

The BEST feature of the app is it shows you exactly what you do down to the specific apps that are using the most data. IE, Marketplace, Online games, System, Search... etc. EVERYTHING. You can really keep up with how you use your data. Fantastic app!

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Since it requires support from the carrier I would think that it would already know when your data resets?

I thought so too but so far I don't see a way to set that up. I had to manually tell it what my limit is and what day it resets. It figured out the rest after that.

I think this is a VZW only app right now too. It would have been great if they could have worked closer with nokia to make it integrated like that.

But here's the deal, the app runs completely offline. So it doesn't connect to the internet for anything - it just tracks data. For it to be integrated with Verizon it would have to connect and upload / download the data.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon