Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by usstuscon12 View Post

I used ST on my 900, and the moment you start doing YouTube or any sort of streaming, they will throttle you down to Edge speeds and it will be like that until the next month when your plan restarts, even though it says "4G".
    I used ST with a few Android phones (not that the phone makes a difference), and not only streamed, but tethered as well. Not once was I throttled, not even a little bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by entropism View Post
    I used ST with a few Android phones (not that the phone makes a difference), and not only streamed, but tethered as well. Not once was I throttled, not even a little bit.
    Yours was a unique case,they can't always catch everyone but according to their TOS, streaming and tethering is against it and they have the right to limit or ban usage entirely.

Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    I am going out tomorrow to get Straight Talk! Thanks for the information. I called AT&T today and they gave me a case number for the unlock. However, she said it was 50/50. Hoping to use ST until I can get it unlocked through an unlocking agency or AT&T. Been using it on WiFi without the sim for emails and such.

Frageelay you do not need to unlock the phone to get it work on st. You just need to get the st at&t compatible sim card to get it to work. If you need tethering then you need an unbranded unlocked phone (international version).
    TMobile Nokia Lumia 521 (GDR3/Black) - Prepaid Unlimited + 3gb Hotspot
    AT&T Nokia Lumia 520 - Net10 AT&T
    Retired Focus Flash (wp7.8 = 7.10.8862.14)
    Net10/Straight Talk AT&T Apn Data for Samsung Wireless Manager
    WPCentralApp Beta Tester
    Thanked by:
    Jackie Durden Moon likes this.

was having quite a time getting that poste edited, kept getting logged out using IE10

here's the updated field from the mms apn page
    WAP gateway (URL): 66.209.11.32 !
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    I'm using the 920 on ST, it is working really well for me. It is a bit upsetting that I can't tether with it (since it's that AT&T version), but I'll live.

stupid question. I am about to buy the lumia 920 via amazon wireless and use ST. which size sim card did you order?

Quote Originally Posted by Bram Rusk View Post
    stupid question. I am about to buy the lumia 920 via amazon wireless and use ST. which size sim card did you order?
    Micro (that is, the smaller one). I got my phone activated today. It works like a charm! Unfortunately, I get little to no reception at work.

Got a 920 and a sim from straight talk.
    Getting sim invalid after porting my number. Ideas?

Global Posts
    2,574 Global Posts
    probably got the wrong SIM. You were supposed to get the ATT SIM.

Quote Originally Posted by inteller View Post
    probably got the wrong SIM. You were supposed to get the ATT SIM.
    from my order:

AT&T Compatible Micro SIM + Unlimited*
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,384 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jlarson1 View Post
    from my order:

AT&T Compatible Micro SIM + Unlimited*
    Get another SIM card.
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com

Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Been running Straight Talk for a day or so. Everything works well. Mostly use WiFi however, 4G runs great.
    I can confirm this settings work on my nokia lumia 920 running on H2O Wireless.

APN = att.mvno
    User name = blank
    Password = blank
    WAP gateway (URL) = 66.209.11.33
    WAP gateway port = 80
    MMSC (URL) = http://mmsc.cingular.com/
    MMSC port = 80
    Maximum MMS size = blank
    Net10 working flawlessly on my black lumia 920;)

Red Pocket working perfectly on my yellow Lumia 920, 4G, MMS and all.

Switched the black att Lumia for a dev phone, good thing the cyan one was backordered 3 weeks or this would have been a tough call. Letting the ST/N10 service expire will drop the sim in my 710 until then. Now running the 920 dev as my daily driver on tmoUS!

Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    PIN
    No
    I just got home with the red Lumia 920, and I use ST. I set up everything, but the MMS didn't work. I found the answer here. I love this place.
    tmtkchris likes this.
    Anyone notice that sometimes the network just gives you a "cannot connect signal". Very fustrating... usually when i go straight out of wifi range. I disabled the automatically connect to wifi and hopefully this will make it more consistent.

Also, does anyone know if LTE is disabled (battery killer) since its a ST sim that only uses HSPA.

I'm considering getting an unbranded, unlocked 920 for use with Straight Talk, but I'm curious as to how their 4G non-LTE speed would compare with AT&T's 4G LTE speed. Can anyone who's got this working with Straight Talk run a speed test and post their results?

I was wondering who to contact if the 920 ended up with the battery issues. I would hate to spend the money just to find out I'm stuck with a bad phone.

Global Posts
    2,574 Global Posts
    Nokia....they made the phone after all.

Global Posts
    2,574 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eurovisionacts View Post
    Anyone notice that sometimes the network just gives you a "cannot connect signal". Very fustrating... usually when i go straight out of wifi range. I disabled the automatically connect to wifi and hopefully this will make it more consistent.

Also, does anyone know if LTE is disabled (battery killer) since its a ST sim that only uses HSPA.
    by virtue of the att.mvno apn setup, the phone is not trying to use LTE prematurely. Now if ST ever gets LTE then yeah you are gonna have to put up with battery killing LTE.

Quote Originally Posted by Turtle 1972 View Post
    I'm considering getting an unbranded, unlocked 920 for use with Straight Talk, but I'm curious as to how their 4G non-LTE speed would compare with AT&T's 4G LTE speed. Can anyone who's got this working with Straight Talk run a speed test and post their results?
    This is a Lumia 920 on Straight Talk...

wp_ss_20121120_0002.jpg
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I'm on ST on my 920 as well. Small'ish city of around 120k. We are a Verizon dominated market with very little AT & T presence. I'm able to pull around 2300mb down and just shy of 1mb up. That's about 10x faster down than what my wife pulls on Verizon 3g with her iPhone 4s. Not bad for $41 (3 month prepay) a month. That's more than quick enough for web browsing, and basic mobile needs. It's not the 20mb that Verizon LTE is pulling, but with the prohibitive data caps that added speed is somewhat wasted anyway.
    Thanked by:
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast