Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 546
Like Tree33Likes
  1. bchside's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1 Posts
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    #26  
    So...who do we send this list to for Nokia quality control to review ?
  2. Kyle Stilkey's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    72 Posts
    #27  
    I've also had the vibration issue which is sad as it sounds like something is rattling. Even a replace did nothing so sounds like they all do it.

    I had to replace my phone because I had seen me dust under the screen. It was sad too. I don't know how but when I used it, it was clear as day.

    I also have heating issues but it wasn't too bad. It seems when I'm installing lots of apps or playing games, it gets warm. Nothing too bad but noticeable.

    I also have a massive battery drain issue so I'm going to try and disable the background task of Nokia Drive and see if that was the cause.

    Hope a software update fixes some of these issues, but I wonder how the dust got in the phone... :(

    Hope to hear from Nokia soon.
  3. Memristor's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    45 Posts
    #28  
    Everything worked great on my Lumia 920 until today. I hooked up my Lumia 920 to some speakers through the head phone jack. All I could hear was some pulsating coming from the phone. So I unplugged the speakers and plugged it back in which caused the phone to reboot. After it restarted it showed a message that my SIM card is blocked. Now the phone requires a PIN unlock key from AT&T before I can make calls again. How is that even possible that a phone crash can cause such a disastrous SIM card error.:mad:

    Did anyone else experience this problem.
  4. RyoTGZ's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    32 Posts
    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by jetbo View Post
    I have some weird flex where the whole top part of phone flexes in if I push in on it. Also huge delay when playing a song on Xbox music from my collection.
    Same here. If I push down in front of the headphone jack, it moves and makes a popping noise. If we are the exception, I might look to exchange it. Unless this seems like a common occurrence.
  5. cddigi's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    105 Posts
    #30  
    My battery seemed to drain quick and charge slow during Friday and Saturday. Now its Sunday night and both issues are gone. What I do have an issue with is how hot the top rear of the phone gets. Especially when using the camera, right above the lens it starts to get very hot.
  6. leonbelize's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    18 Posts
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by Memristor View Post
    Everything worked great on my Lumia 920 until today. I hooked up my Lumia 920 to some speakers through the head phone jack. All I could hear was some pulsating coming from the phone. So I unplugged the speakers and plugged it back in which caused the phone to reboot. After it restarted it showed a message that my SIM card is blocked. Now the phone requires a PIN unlock key from AT&T before I can make calls again. How is that even possible that a phone crash can cause such a disastrous SIM card error.:mad:

    Did anyone else experience this problem.
    I have two issues to report:
    1. The headphone Jack - I plugged in my aux cable and it wouldn't transfer the audio to the radio. I tried two cables. When I pressed firmly it launched TellMe which said "that command cannot be executed while the phone is locked" or something like that. The problem was resolved with me restarting the phone while the cable was in.

    2. Bluetooth - Surprised no one has mentioned this maybe it's only me. I have Bluetooth in both my cars. Sometimes it wont pair. The 900 used to pair in secs after the car was turned on. My 920 is not detecting it fully. The car will miss it in the boot up process then the 920 will try to connect. It will switch for a sec and then unpair? Plus, I noticed that I had it pair up, got out the car, when I came back and turned the car again it didn't pair. Went to Bluetooth settings on my phone, and without doing anything it started to pair again. It's like the Bluetooth is not starting as needed and falling asleep when away from a paired device. Hope this helps some. But I must say that apart from that, this phone is awesome. I find myself picking it up often just to touch it. The matte black finish feels like satin and the screen is beautiful to look at and touch. In LoVE!
  7. Arman215's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    10 Posts
    #32  
    Many users including myself can no longer pair their phone with their cars after moving to 920. Some can connect but no phonebook is shared with car, some can't connect at all.

    Before 920 I was using Lumia 900 and had no problems with connecting the phone to my car, so are most of the users reporting this issue at Nokia support site. This is serious and will cause many to drop Nokia or Windows phone 8 if it turns out that it's the new windows to blame.

    Here is the link to the support thread:

    Nokia Support Discussions - Re: Lumia 920 Bluetooth problems - Nokia Support Discussions
  8. swedefox's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2 Posts
    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by Memristor View Post
    Everything worked great on my Lumia 920 until today. I hooked up my Lumia 920 to some speakers through the head phone jack. All I could hear was some pulsating coming from the phone. So I unplugged the speakers and plugged it back in which caused the phone to reboot. After it restarted it showed a message that my SIM card is blocked. Now the phone requires a PIN unlock key from AT&T before I can make calls again. How is that even possible that a phone crash can cause such a disastrous SIM card error.:mad:

    Did anyone else experience this problem.
    I may be experiencing something similar. When I plug something into my headphone jack going to external speakers, I get a hideous pulsating hum or sorts. Oddly, on my one pair of headphones, I can't notice anything. I've only had the phone a few days, so I'm going to chalk it up to manufacturing defect. Replacing on Monday.

    No other issues.
  9. justin071894's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    38 Posts
    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by InnocuousScreenname View Post
    When using the phone out the in the daylight, the auto brightness cranks up the contrast and makes text and edges on icons on the homescreen a bit fuzzy for a few seconds, then it goes away.



    Has anyone else experienced this?

    Yep I sure have. Its really weird.
    --
    Justin Adkins
    Adkins Software Development
    Nokia Lumia 928
  10. atlbuc's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    42 Posts
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by hotdogakamike View Post
    Anyone have experienced this when turning on the camera function?
    Yes I had this while using my camera
  11. justin071894's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    38 Posts
    #36  
    Top of the phone will get hot during light use. Going to give a couple more days before exchanging it. Hopefully I won't have to.
    --
    Justin Adkins
    Adkins Software Development
    Nokia Lumia 928
  12. ace182's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    15 Posts
    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by leonbelize View Post
    I have two issues to report:
    1. The headphone Jack - I plugged in my aux cable and it wouldn't transfer the audio to the radio. I tried two cables. When I pressed firmly it launched TellMe which said "that command cannot be executed while the phone is locked" or something like that. The problem was resolved with me restarting the phone while the cable was in.

    2. Bluetooth - Surprised no one has mentioned this maybe it's only me. I have Bluetooth in both my cars. Sometimes it wont pair. The 900 used to pair in secs after the car was turned on. My 920 is not detecting it fully. The car will miss it in the boot up process then the 920 will try to connect. It will switch for a sec and then unpair? Plus, I noticed that I had it pair up, got out the car, when I came back and turned the car again it didn't pair. Went to Bluetooth settings on my phone, and without doing anything it started to pair again. It's like the Bluetooth is not starting as needed and falling asleep when away from a paired device. Hope this helps some. But I must say that apart from that, this phone is awesome. I find myself picking it up often just to touch it. The matte black finish feels like satin and the screen is beautiful to look at and touch. In LoVE!
    I am also having this issue.

    I have a 2013 Jeep Wrangler with Uconnect and the lumia 920 wont reconnect upon getting back into the vehicle. I have to go into Bluetooth settings on the phone and tap the Uconnect device from the list to have it connect. Did not have this issue with my iphone I replaced and I had a 2011 Charger with a different Uconnect then the jeep has and use to use it with my Lumia 900 and never had a problem. Anyone else having reconnect issues after initial setup with a Bluetooth device. Once I manually reconnect it stays and works fine.


    I also started a thread for this, as it may be vehicle specific and would like to get a list of what cars/systems are not working correctly.
    http://forums.windowscentral.com/lum...tm#post1752493
  13. mattpker's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    4 Posts
    #38  
    I am also experiencing Bluetooth issues. The one that is consistent is that when a song is done it cuts out the audio connection and then will not play the next song at all. Sometimes if I press play/pause a few times it will start playing again, but usually I have to disconnect the device and reconnect. This is happening in both the Music player and Nokia Music. Whats weird is if I change the song manually it will work without issue, it is only if the song ends and the next song plays automatically. Is anyone else having this issue?? I know its not my receiver because my iPhone works without issue.
  14. jfa1's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,335 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,414 Global Posts
    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by Arman215 View Post
    Many users including myself can no longer pair their phone with their cars after moving to 920. Some can connect but no phonebook is shared with car, some can't connect at all.

    Before 920 I was using Lumia 900 and had no problems with connecting the phone to my car, so are most of the users reporting this issue at Nokia support site. This is serious and will cause many to drop Nokia or Windows phone 8 if it turns out that it's the new windows to blame.

    Here is the link to the support thread:

    Nokia Support Discussions - Re: Lumia 920 Bluetooth problems - Nokia Support Discussions
    Have you deleted your Lumia 900 from being paired with the car. I remember reading in the 900 thread that owners had to delete their previous device from car pairing for the new device to properly pair up.
    Your smartphone is only as smart as YOU let it be!
  15. ReverendDC's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    19 Posts
    #40  
    For battery and heating issues, try turning off background mode for Nokia Drive. Solved my issues right quick.
  16. Dusteater's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    315 Posts
    Global Posts
    552 Global Posts
    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by mattpker View Post
    I am also experiencing Bluetooth issues. The one that is consistent is that when a song is done it cuts out the audio connection and then will not play the next song at all. Sometimes if I press play/pause a few times it will start playing again, but usually I have to disconnect the device and reconnect. This is happening in both the Music player and Nokia Music. Whats weird is if I change the song manually it will work without issue, it is only if the song ends and the next song plays automatically. Is anyone else having this issue?? I know its not my receiver because my iPhone works without issue.

    Hmm, I haven't noticed that. But the one thing I did notice is the 920 does not sent song info to car stereo like my Focus S did. Not sure why.
  17. Mike20PR's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    32 Posts
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    #42  
    Poor sounding speakers at high volume (L900 was clearer)
    Battery drains fast (Disabled Drive app and will test tommorow and report back)
    That annoying rattle when it vibrates

    Other than that im absolutely in love with my L920. I dunno if what i mentioned is widespread or if i need a replacement

    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express
  18. muhan's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    38 Posts
    #43  
    I'm in Los Angeles and get no local traffic info on Nokia Maps. Only Freeway and Highway traffic shows up.

    I used to get local traffic fine on my wp7 device.
  19. muhan's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    38 Posts
    #44  
    There is too much padding on the top of the home screen between the clock and the first tiles.

    When you press the windows button to go to the home screen, there is a lot of useless space between the info bar/clock and the top of the first row of tiles. It should by default be half a small tile higher.
  20. ganks's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    21 Posts
    #45  
    Here's one I haven't seen posted that I can replicate, actually my 6 year old found it.

    - Kid's corner, occasionally will require a password to open. When I swipe to the left and get kids corner and swipe up to open it, it will force the password. My Exchange server requires pin unlock to open the phone, but not for Kid's Corner but occasionally it forces the pin. I was looking forward to this feature as my 6 year old over the past 2 years has accidentally entered the wrong password and erased my phone (something I wish was going to be fixed).

    - Bluetooth - my phone paired with my 2010 MDX fine but the audio quality was low volume on phone calls Friday and the bluetooth streaming was making weird popping noises playing music. I have downloaded music to the phone today to test audio quality tomorrow with music that is stored on the phone vs. streaming over LTE while driving (I've had this since my 900 and it will never get old).
  21. kenzibit's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    553 Posts
    Global Posts
    563 Global Posts
    #46  
    I thought we all knew and still know that Nokia unlike HTC is not an expect in smartphone makings. Anyways just give them time and maybe these problems will be fixed. Still waiting for my HTC 8X ;-)
  22. WPmunkey's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    298 Posts
    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by hasasimo View Post
    In monitoring some of the problems and complaints people have had with their Lumia 920 (every new smartphone has some issues at launch) I figured I'd put together a checklist of things to test for as well as possible solutions, so that we'll know whether to keep the Lumia 920 we bought or exchange it for another while we can.

    Battery drain
    Some people are reporting that their battery power is drained after just a few hours. Solutions: make sure only background apps you intend to run are actually running; close out of apps when you're not using them by pressing the back button; let the phone go through a few charging cycles; Nokia Drive running in the background is a common culprit - look out for the accompanying icon and be sure to close out of it and other apps properly.

    Dust under screen
    Only read of one such complaint. My guess is this is a one-off. If this is an issue the only solution is to exchange your handset.

    Freezes/restarts
    This seems to be happening quite frequently. People have reported freezing and/or restarting while doing the following: installing apps, using bluetooth, using NFC, and playing games. Test all of these things and ensure that your phone isn't freezing. If it does this often, exchange your Lumia 920 for another one.

    Sound from speakers crackling/distorted/stuttering
    People report that this is happening especially at higher volumes. Others are hailing how loud and crisp the sound is coming out of their Lumia 920 speakers. Obviously it makes sense to test this (with music, ringtones, etc.) when you get your handset. If you experience these problems, you probably need to exchange your handset.

    Vibration rattle
    This might not even be considered a defect. This is just how the phone vibrates. The Lumia 900 was the same. There's no need to exchange your Lumia 920 for this issue.

    Green spot in front-facing camera view
    One or two members have reported an odd green spot appearing in the view from their front-facing camera. This is a defect and you should exchange the device.

    Overheating
    This has been another widely-reported one. This is somewhat subjective and partly depends on what devices you're used to. Still, some have reported the phone gets uncomfortably warm, while others say it stays cool to the touch. If you're experiencing this, check to make sure there aren't a bunch of apps running in the background (things like Nokia Drive). Overheating is typically synonymous with heavy battery discharge, so ensuring there aren't too many apps running is a possible solution. If you're sure that isn't the issue, you should consider swapping out your Lumia 920 for a new one.

    White colors appearing "greyish"
    It seems whites aren't quite as vivid on the display as they were on the Lumia 900 for instance, and have a slightly greyish hue to them. This doesn't appear to be a defect, just how the phone is. Some don't even notice. This isn't something that will be fixed by exchanging your device, so hold onto your Lumia 920 if you have no other issues.

    Daytime photos
    We all know how great low-light photography is with the Lumia 920, but some people are complaining that daytime photos aren't as sharp as they should be. It's said that this is merely a software issue and that Nokia will be fixing it soon. This doesn't appear to be a hardware issue, so if it's not too bothersome, keep your device. Apparently fiddling with some of the settings will fix this, but nobody wants to do that every time they use the camera during the day, hence the pending Nokia fix.

    Bluetooth pairing
    A number of members are reporting problems pairing their Lumia 920s to their vehicles. Some have reported that pairing worked just fine, so this isn't universal. It is widespread however. So far no solution to this has been found. Best thing to do is monitor what people are discovering about the problem before exchanging your device. Also, try pairing your Lumia 920 with various devices to ensure it isn't a wider problem with the phone.

    Am I missing anything? I plan to run through this checklist when I get my yellow Lumia 920 (hopefully this week).
    Saw the title and thought this thread was going to be another WP hate-on post. But your post is very helpful and complete. It will give me things to check when my 920 gets here on Tuesday. Thank you
  23. hasasimo's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,395 Posts
       #48  
    Keep them coming... I've added bluetooth pairing to the list. Hopefully there aren't many more.

  24. hasasimo's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,395 Posts
       #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by WPmunkey View Post
    Saw the title and thought this thread was going to be another WP hate-on post. But your post is very helpful and complete. It will give me things to check when my 920 gets here on Tuesday. Thank you
    Heavens no (re: hating). I'm a diehard WP and Nokia fan (they earned my allegiance). I've also followed the smartphone game long enough to know that there isn't a single major launch that goes off without some type of hitch. Glad I could help... all I really did was compile the work that others did.

  25. Dpac's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1 Posts
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by hotdogakamike View Post
    Anyone have experienced this when turning on the camera function?
    Has happened to me a couple times. I think its just some sort of software issue.
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions