Bug/defect checklist for new and future Lumia 920 owners

gentry33

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Instead of creating a new thread, i thought i'd ask it here.

I've the original Zune monthly pass (unlimited streaming + 10 songs/month). I thought it would work on the new Xbox music app but for some reason whenever i try to download a song, it asks to pay for it on my phone. Does anyone know how to download it using those 10 credits ?

I've mainly used my song credits when I find a song I like on the radio (tap search, tap mic), monthly song credits still appear after selecting purchase option. I actually haven't even used Xbox music yet on my Lumia 920.

SteveISU

Sep 26, 2006
Visit site
So I'm on my second phone and the battery life is a little better but I was lucky enough to get a device that rattles like a mofo when you press the capacitive buttons. Anyone get ATT to replace their phone for sounding like a cheap Taiwanese sex toy?

Last edited:

zacadebo

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm currently on my second 920 and this one has to go back at the weekend.

First one had issues with the screen locking up/ behaving erratically. Sometimes it wouldn't respond, others it would be phantom typing for me.

New one doesn't do that but when it was unboxed in the shop, there were a couple of black dots behind the screen. There were no others in stock so I've been using this one for a couple of weeks while a replacement turns up. Since then I've found the flash doesn't work on this one (did on previous phone) and occasionally the screen timeout doesn't kick in and the power button wont' turn it off. It will shut the phone down if you hold it and this is the only way to get it back.

Battery life has never been an issue, it's settled down nicely and I tend to get more than a day if I don't hammer it. My HD7 before would never get anywhere close to this.
The camera doesn't seem all that great but I haven't played with any of the settings too much, daylight shots seem a but blurry to me though. Hopefully that will get fixed in an update.

The case vibrating is annoying but I guess it's down to what it's made out of

wjlim3

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
regarding volume, i am pretty sure mine at 15/30 was loud enough that the whole lecture theater could hear it.

Anyway, I found that my phone battery is fine IF I do not use internet explorer. If I use it, it drains crazy quickly and feels warm to touch.
Anybody else has any other browser for me to try?

RyanDaLyon

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Has any had a camera flash/ led issue? Regardless of any flashlight app or even when I turn flash on, it doesn't work At all! Is this software or a hardware issue?

JeepDad

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
The Lumia 920 Windows 8 phone does not work with Bluetooth connections in either of our cars. We have two 2012 Jeeps with 430N Media Center which includes uConnect Bluetooth connectivity.

For the last year we have been using the iPhone 4 with no problems.

The Lumia 920 from AT&T will successfully pair, but it is unusable for hands-free conversations. It will occasionally auto-connect, but mostly it doesn't and requires manual intervention.

When it does connect, phone conversations are one-sided, meaning we can hear the other person, but they cannot hear us.

Voice commands over Bluetooth do not work.

I've tried lots of things to get this to work, including deleting the device pairing, and starting over. It always says that it successfully paired, but the symptoms never change.

I also called AT&T enhanced support for help. They told me that this is a known Bluetooth bug, and that we should expect a fix from Microsoft in the form a hotfix or service patch. They speculated the fix will be provided in a month or two. I wish I knew if this was true, or just a delay tactic.

falcon304

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure if anyone else came to this conclusion, but I've informally discovered that battery drain issues relate to the cellular radio getting stuck on and/or the phone doesn't power it down when you lock the phone.

DFB

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so to keep it short:

I've bought a grey-market Lumia 920 and the device is as almighty as I expected it to be, from the camera to the battery etc.

The thing is: when turned on, first comes a Vodafone splash screen. My SIM works ok (I'm on Orange Romania, the phone is obviously deutsch since everything was so german at the first boot), it takes a moment to get recognized but I'm able to make/receive calls, SMS works fine. I'm just not getting any data connection and I'm thinking that's some locking-unlocking business since my boo bought an HTC One S with a T-Mobile first splash (I know), to on orange and running into the same issue.

Question: Is there a fix for it? :) Will factory resetting the thing bring it back to life? It's a shame that I'm stuck with no data traffic only, I feel lonely with no wi-fi nearby.
In a somewhat-unrelated Android topic, does anyone have a fix for the One S? I'd love to come out as a hero and turn this blob into husband material.

Thank you!

DFB

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Regarding the One S, over at XDA people were saying I need to sett my Orange VPN 3G connection, does anyone know where I could find them, how to do it and so on?

potahov

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
The Lumia 920 Windows 8 phone does not work with Bluetooth connections in either of our cars. We have two 2012 Jeeps with 430N Media Center which includes uConnect Bluetooth connectivity.

For the last year we have been using the iPhone 4 with no problems.

The Lumia 920 from AT&T will successfully pair, but it is unusable for hands-free conversations. It will occasionally auto-connect, but mostly it doesn't and requires manual intervention.

When it does connect, phone conversations are one-sided, meaning we can hear the other person, but they cannot hear us.

Voice commands over Bluetooth do not work.

I've tried lots of things to get this to work, including deleting the device pairing, and starting over. It always says that it successfully paired, but the symptoms never change.

I also called AT&T enhanced support for help. They told me that this is a known Bluetooth bug, and that we should expect a fix from Microsoft in the form a hotfix or service patch. They speculated the fix will be provided in a month or two. I wish I knew if this was true, or just a delay tactic.

had same issue on 2012 chrysler with uconnect but it got fixed itself after network+ or something update from nokia. Last several days no problems - each time I start the car it connects the phone

IcyLumia

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
That's considered pretty good? I think that's unacceptable. The original Razr was better on standby lol

That said, I just downloaded Texas Holdem. I played for about 15min, noticed the back of the phone became very warm, and then the game froze. I had to do a hard reset :( What is happening?!?!

DeMoss

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Sorry if this has been posted before, I've searched around, didn't see anything.

Anyways, I'm on day 3 of my Lumia 920 and there have been loads of minor issues i.e.; Wifi connection problems, over heating... But now, whenever I try to play a song, the phone freezes up. Music will sometimes keep playing, but i can't use my phone, other times, the music won't play at all and still an't use my phone till it "un-freezes".

Should I exchange it for a new one?
Thanks!

falcon304

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
That's considered pretty good? I think that's unacceptable. The original Razr was better on standby lol

That said, I just downloaded Texas Holdem. I played for about 15min, noticed the back of the phone became very warm, and then the game froze. I had to do a hard reset :( What is happening?!?!

WP8 is full of bugs and is totally busted, that's what's happening.

krayzie7th

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I have never had problems with the battery life until this past 3 days. I am losing battery at 6% every 5 minutes! withouth doing nothing! besides texting. The only background apps i have runnins are engadget,battery level and weather channel. I dont know whats going it was fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon