Bug/defect checklist for new and future Lumia 920 owners

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry I'm not planning on reading the 8 pages, but for me the locked screen notifications are a little bit weird on this phone, especially facebook notifications and voicemail notifications...

for instance if you have a voicemail you will see the notification, but once you check the notification stays there for at least 5 to 10 minutes after I've seen my facebook msg

If you own a 920 this is probably one of the best 8 pages (and counting) you could read.

gav_sw20

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
SMART SHOOT
Take a photo then zoom in and then return to HOME.
The HOME screen is still in zoom mode and do is the LOCK screen.
Reboot required to fix.

SMS DRAFT
No option to save a draft version of an sms.
Very surprised that this is missing as this is basic functionality.

thePhiL

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I had this plastic sounding vibration rattle since the first minute.. and replaced my lumia 920 after 3 days for a new one at the at&t store. no questions asked. the new one is good. Everyone should switch!
2 Softwarebugs found so far (beside the app-bugs)
Oh and I have a bug with both. You cannot turn the device Off while charging. (Instant restart)
The screenshot-function can also be not muted.

Arman215

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Bluetooth issues are Windows phone 8 related

Many new HTC Windows phone 8X users reporting the same problem as Lumia 920 unable to connect to late model Audi, BMW and other cars.

Since HTC started selling few days later than Lumia there are fewer reports so far but the problem appears to be exactly the same, so that number will grow with Samsung phones joining the list soon...

This is becoming the single biggest serious issue with new Windows phones.

How do we get someone from Microsoft to respond?

Calydus

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Many new HTC Windows phone 8X users reporting the same problem as Lumia 920 unable to connect to late model Audi, BMW and other cars.

Since HTC started selling few days later than Lumia there are fewer reports so far but the problem appears to be exactly the same, so that number will grow with Samsung phones joining the list soon...

This is becoming the single biggest serious issue with new Windows phones.

How do we get someone from Microsoft to respond?

I have an A5 2012 and my Lumia 920 works fine with it.

Calydus

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I had this plastic sounding vibration rattle since the first minute.. and replaced my lumia 920 after 3 days for a new one at the at&t store. no questions asked. the new one is good. Everyone should switch!
2 Softwarebugs found so far (beside the app-bugs)
Oh and I have a bug with both. You cannot turn the device Off while charging. (Instant restart)
The screenshot-function can also be not muted.

Would you be able to post a video of your phone vibrating. I know this sounds weird, but I've seen one on youtube, does the same thing as mine and I'd be curious, because I can imagine for some people it might sound normal, while to others not.

froesei

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Man...
I figured I would read/keep up with this thread so I could test these issues if/when I get a new phone. (Yes...I may get one) My wife and I are both out of contract and I have her interested in a 920 too. These issues are starting to concern me. I know this is a small sampling, but it is still concerning. She would be moving from an iphone 3gs and I would like the transition to be as smooth as possible. I hope she does not experience any of these issues. If it happens to me, fine, but I want her to have a great experience with WP.

A lot of these sound like FW updates can fix them. I do hope that Nokia or Microsoft acknowledge some of these soon (besides the camera) like they did with the 900.

I have a few concerns, but a big one is the exchange email. She has to use it for work, and it works flawlessly on her current phone. It goes right into her email app as a separate account. She has access to the global contacts and appointments sync directly to her phone's calendar. This is a must have. Otherwise this or any phone is useless to her.

Exchange is fantastic on this device. Email (separate account), calendar and global contacts all have been working flawlessly for me.

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
My WP 7.5 Lumia 900 does this, too. Always has. Not that it is consolation but it is not a unique problem to the 920.

I'm not concerned about the faint ding (my 900 did that too), I just don't want 2 text dings and 1 email ding when there's only 1 email message.

...but once you check the notification stays there for at least 5 to 10 minutes after I've seen my facebook msg

That's an issue with how those systems poll for updates... which is to say, periodic. Facebook, in particular, is glitchy to mark them read in the first place, so if those notices are important to you, turn off Push in the app and check People hub instead.

I have a few concerns, but a big one is the exchange email. She has to use it for work, and it works flawlessly on her current phone. It goes right into her email app as a separate account. She has access to the global contacts and appointments sync directly to her phone's calendar. This is a must have. Otherwise this or any phone is useless to her.

I have had zero issues with my Exchange mail. The issues I've heard about are all related to older versions of Exchange (2003, in particular) and or unpatched versions. That's really more of the server admin's fault.

ilifecomputer

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
The original post makes the sound issue sound like it applies to long amounts of audio maybe. But, my phone sometimes cuts off itself when I get a text chime. The crackle is heard in between the sound sometimes but not always.

If I goto sounds and ringtones and play a chime over and over it will only do it at the first or second chime and then not.

thePhiL

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Would you be able to post a video of your phone vibrating. I know this sounds weird, but I've seen one on youtube, does the same thing as mine and I'd be curious, because I can imagine for some people it might sound normal, while to others not.

Yes, I'll do later. (just set a reminder in my 920, haha).
The best way to find out if your one is normal is to go to an AT&T Store and compare them. Set it to vibrate and call it from your phone while holding it to your ears. And then call back holding your own device on your ear. Thats how I confirmed myself that this is not right. the new one still is loud on vibrating, but it does not sound broken or loose.

I don't think I would have even noticed that vibration if it would have done that sound at the first time.. normal (slightly louder) vibration than my old iphone.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm having a problem I've not seen reported (or maybe it's been misreported); sometimes in high signal areas (LTE and 4G) my 920 acts like it has no signal. Today at lunch, for instance, I checked my work email (Exchange server) and after 5 minutes of syncing I checked other apps; Facebook, Twitter, IE, none of them would actually do anything. I restart the phone and viola! All of a sudden all my apps work awesome with "blazing fast internet speeds".

This has happened about 1x/day since I got the phone last Friday. Anyone else see this?

Calot

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
SMART SHOOT
Take a photo then zoom in and then return to HOME.
The HOME screen is still in zoom mode and do is the LOCK screen.
Reboot required to fix.

SMS DRAFT
No option to save a draft version of an sms.
Very surprised that this is missing as this is basic functionality.
What is an SMS?

/sarcasm

Seriously, who uses SMS anymore?

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Just had my first crash five days into owning a black Lumia 920. The phone rebooted on its own, and got stuck on the Nokia logo screen for ten minutes. A hard reset fixed it, but this better not happen too often. I think I only saw two other people in this thread who had something similar, so it seems like a rare issue.

cdd543

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
I'm having a problem I've not seen reported (or maybe it's been misreported); sometimes in high signal areas (LTE and 4G) my 920 acts like it has no signal. Today at lunch, for instance, I checked my work email (Exchange server) and after 5 minutes of syncing I checked other apps; Facebook, Twitter, IE, none of them would actually do anything. I restart the phone and viola! All of a sudden all my apps work awesome with "blazing fast internet speeds".

This has happened about 1x/day since I got the phone last Friday. Anyone else see this?

Yes I'm seeing my signal cycling--seem to happen a lot in low signal areas.

Notorious Vik64

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I got a red Lumia 920 a few days ago and it started heating up yesterday...i had 93% battery life and all of a sudden it **** off and became very very hot!! I plugged it in and didn't turn on, took it back to at&t and there was a problem with it getting to turn back on and when it did respond it showed the battery life 0% ....93% to 0% within a matter of an hour. I always make sure no apps are running in the background...even with the SPECK hard case it's hot..and now with a white Lumia 920 :-( and this one is running warm!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon