| | 12-12-2012, 12:46 PM #1
Here's some feedback on how Microsoft/Nokia should improve our 920/820 phones.
I've owned the Nokia N8 and my wife currently owns the 808 Pureview.
Here's what I miss from Symbian:
1. FM Radio
2. FM Transmitter
3. Nokia Maps = I prefer the symbian version better. I like how I can see traffic information in the Drive App. I like how I can input destinations by voice.
4. The Pull down menu to quickly access notifications, mobile data, bluetooth, wifi and silent.
5. Alarm clock still works even when phone is off.
6. The Back, Home, Search buttons. I Like physical buttons way more than the touch sensitive ones. I keep pressing the search button accidentally when snapping pics or browsing the web in landscape mode. Very irritating.
7. More camera settings. Like sharpness, saturation and contrast.
Here's how Microsoft/Nokia can improve the OS:
1. Double tap back button to close a app. I hate having to press back multiple times in an app just to get back to the home screen.
2. Being able to swipe top to bottom like Windows 8 to close an app when viewing the multitask menu. I want this gesture to close the app and not like how android does it where it just removes the shortcut from the recently used list.
3. Search button can be used in apps. Instead of having a separate search icon. I hate having to go into settings and scroll to find like brightness or display settings.
4. Hold Search button in an app to enable voice search. Like when in the Drive App, it would be nice to input Starbucks by voice.
I know you guys have a few more suggestions. I hope Microsoft and Nokia is reading this!