Bluetooth issues with Lumia 920

Dr. Impossible

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I searched for a similar thread and came up with nothing so I thought I'd reach out.

Has anyone been experiencing issues with their BT connectivity?

1)I've had my Yellow 920 since Dec 26, the other nite I was trying to connect with my BT speaker to listen to music, the phone ended up freezing up and going black. I had to reset it and it's 'fine' now.

2)Before and after that happened, my phone has a reeeeeally hard time connecting to my Tego Audio BT speaker. Zero problems connecting with my Surface. It probably connects 10-20% of the time. Frustrating.

I wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this or if it was a known issue.

For Fun: I don't know if this was the case before my phone froze, but the resolution count in settings is 800X480.

Thanks

-Doc

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had any problems but the only Bluetooth device I've connected to is the Creative D80 bluetooth speakers.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Had occasional freezes right after enabling BT, like yesterday when trying to send pics to my tablet. A reset normally fixes it. However havent had any connection issues with my tablet, BT stereo headset or regular headset.

msruby64

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm having problems with my Nokia Lumia 822 using blue tooth headsets. I've tried two different headsets, and the headsets connect ok, but after a few minutes of talking, I can no longer hear the other person. The blue tooth icon is still illuminated, but I have to shut it off and go back to the phone.

stueyboy

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Yep, I've had some bluetooth issues. Seems to be only when listening to music or connecting / disconnecting from said devices. I have a bluetooth headset for the car and it is voice only and has never frozen the phone. Also, I have two music headsets, one is a Sony and the other a Nokia BH-111. with the Sony one, the music never forwards to the next track at the end of a track, you have to manually change tracks. The BH-111 works just fine as it should to be honest. Reccomend that headset for music, voice etc.

NXH

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
This seems to be WP8 issue. I had to replace my 920 couple of time since I bought it in Nov 2012 for other reasons. What I noticed is that I had no problem connecting to my labtop and my Plantronic Backbeat 903+ headset with two of the devices but I could not connect to my headset with my original handset and the latest I got couple nights ago.
I love Lumia 920 but this issue is very annoying!

deezus

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
If I am connected to my in car Bluetooth(jeep uconnect) and have internet sharing on at same time it will freeze up when I get out of car, Bluetooth disconnects. If I am using internet sharing while listening to audio over Bluetooth through car stereo, music skips and pops and stops playing and starts again, its horrible. If I am just streaming audio over Bluetooth I get random pops and skips continuously. Its not an app because it was doing this on a clean install no apps and a third brand new phone. This is my only issue with this phone!!

NDLSTYS4EVR

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

You mention you are experiencing issues with your bt within your Jeep. I also have a Jeep and the BT audio quality is really bad. Are you experiencing the same thing?

Thanks!

Dastweinerhund

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
This happens in my car all the time. I hate it! I shouldn't have to look down and hit another track and even that doesnt work all the time. I'm going to sell my 920 on ebay.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes