Are you happy with your 920?

Chill510

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Very happy. The phone does everything I need it to do. Good build quality and pretty good camera(post-portico). Only thing I hate is this stupid 6month exclusivity with AT&T. I'm counting the days when I can unlock and drop AT&T. Termination fee and all.

poken1151

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I like the phone in near all respects. However these smaller physical issues have been annoying.
1) The vibration rattle occurs, but I can live with it. I can't live with the feeling of when I turn the phone, its internals sliding around (recent).
2) The top (where the SIM drawer is) is push-able and creaks badly when it does. Makes me think it's just wrapped in plastic and will break.
3) Accellerometor stopped for three days. It fell and it started working again.. But for 3-days I couldn't go Landscape.
4) Screen's surprisingly scratch-able (minor).
5) Audio issues all over. Callers can't always hear me though I'm two inches away from the mouthpiece. There's a consistent issue with that, wonder if it has to do with (1).

I list 'em not to light a fire, but because they are my true issues. I think the phone wanted to prove me wrong when I kept telling myself I can live with all the stories I was hearing by making new ones, lol. The main issue is really the Audio, Accell, and Shaky internals that got me worried/annoyed these days.

Dr. Impossible

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I voted Yes, but with minor flaws...but I gotta say I am disappointed. I think I am more disappointed in MS tho as I would think with all the headway they are trying to make with mobile phones they would release something that was just rock solid(or at least a little more so). I am a enthusiast to be sure, and there is zero chance of me going to another OS, but I am bummed. I got a 920, my screen is scratched up and I treat the thing with kid gloves, xbox music is in no way better than the Zune interface/software; this bums me out a lot.

Lots to love too, it almost goes without saying, I just thought they would have had it more polished for such an important release.

Thanks

-Doc

Ozi1950

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I am very happy now after almost 2 months of using it. In the beginning battery was draining in 6-8 hour span, but after 7-10 days it improved and now I can go for 24-30 hours of moderate usage.
Coming from android (before that BB and iOS) this ecosystem seems pretty fast. We all know that there is a lack of apps, but as the time goes by we will get more and more apps as Windows proves itself to be relevant in the race with iOS and android.
Customization and camera are two major features that keep surprising me. I had at least 5 cases where people wanted to take a picture when we were out at night and majority took out their iPhones, but when I took a picture with 920 they were stunned and surprised.
I like the way this phone sync with the laptop and that it has full office suite!!
Overall, I got to know phone's capabilities pretty well and it fits my lifestyle and usage perfectly.

MDak280

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I am beyond happy with my Lumia 920! The battery isn't as good as I expected it to be, but that's the only issue and the battery isn't that bad for me. Everything else is amazing: the screen, the camera, the look/feel, the OS, wireless charging, etc! Once (if) big developers start giving us apps (Instagram and Snapchat... I would love those apps and I hope they come soon!) my experience with this phone will be nearly perfect.

Andyshine77

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
So 17% don't like their phone and 58% like the phone but have an issue of come type. That means 75% of everyone that voted has an issue with their phone.

Slai

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Thats 75% out of everyone who visits the forum and also sought out this post AND voted.
Most likely biased towards having issues.

So the number means nothing, really.

Bartdog

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Thats 75% out of everyone who visits the forum and also sought out this post AND voted.
Most likely biased towards having issues.

So the number means nothing, really.

What it means is that 84% like their phone. The users with NO issues outnumber the users with issues enough to not like the phone. [and they outnumber them 2:1]

Thigis

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
every phone has some issues.

The battery on the lumia was quite frustrating initially. though after uninstalling the battery level app, it has become quite impressive. I currently get around 14 hours of moderate too heavy use out of it. I could get far more if whatsapp wasn't so terribly implemented.

That said it has a lot of features that I truly love as well. the UI is amazingly clean in my opinion. Office is truly functional, the people hub rules. and the metro style has inspired some truly sleek looking GUIs in third party apps.

things i hate, the lack of a good audio book player.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon