Are you happy with your 920?

MI_Hockey89

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yes!

I came from an iphone 4 to my Nokia Lumia 920 and I couldn't be happier! Great phone and does exactly what I need.

Having Office is great because my professors send out our homework in word and excel and I can open and add notes on my phone!

deepblue82

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Overall, really happy with my 920. Best phone I've ever used.

Experienced 2 things that could be better so far (owner since mid november):
- call quality (mic/voice is low, see other threads around)
- phone gets hot (playing Where's my perry for example)

Slai

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Hm true, i noticed that with my sgs2 and sgs3 as well. Never with my n900 though, even when overclocked to 1ghz and playing psx games on it.

JD Miles

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
As far as the easily scratched screen I agree and made the mistake of thinking I need not get a screen saver day one as I have always done on past phones. One week later I was proven very sorry and the scratches are deep enough to snag your fingernail. Do not go by the youtube vids ! Otherwise what a great phone and very happy with performance. I especially like the wireless charger.

Last edited:

JD Miles

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
slipped out of shirt pocket leaning across desk landed on chair seat then slipped to floor landing on office chair mat I was astonished that it was even scratched but really bummed that I now have 7 short but seriously deep scratches ( must have been sand on the mat ) not my mat nor my office. Worst part I have to rack it up to my fault, but I thought Gorrila glass 2 was supposed to be " bulletproof "

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Love the phone. I got a bum screen, scratches really easily with two deep scratches already, and this goes into an Oakley sunglasses sock most if the time.

Other than that, I like it!

gerbilly

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I received my Red 920 a week before xmas and i was very happy with it. However about 2 and a half weeks ago I changed the background theme for the first time from white to black, and I noticed some serious light leakage at the top of the screen, and some just above the windows logo.
I e mailed Stephen Elap at Nokia, and he got the nokia care team to get in touch.
I completed the return form on line and my phone was collected the next day.

I must admit I was hoping they would replace the phone, especially as I had two scratches (not deep ones, more like scratches on the layer they put over the gorilla glass) on the screen.

They contacted me on Friday to say they had repaired my phone and they were sending it back, so I thought, oh well at least the light leakage issue is sorted.

Got the phone yesterday with a ridiculous amount of packaging, and opened it up.

Light leakage is gone, and so are the scratches.

So it is a big thumbs up from me for the Nokia Care people.

I also contacted through Elap the top guy for marketing in the UK to say how much i loved the phone but was annoyed that there was a real lack of genuine nokia accessories such as cases and screen protectors and he has promised to look some out for me free of charge.

So no complaints from me, I know even Apple wouldnt do this with issues I have had before with my old white macbook and previous I Phones.

greycounciller

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
So far, happy with the phone. One issue, the light sensor.
Also, just wish the app situation could be sorted.
#Missing so many mainstream apps and game titles.

anon(20649)

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
I bought a used one just after the new year (because I am still under contract for the 900 :( ) and noticed two barely noticeable hair line scratches on the upper right hand corner. One would have to look at it in the right light and angle to see them, but I was surprised because of the Gorilla Glass. I do love the 920, but they did an update to the WiFi and it messed up with my Ford sync. Now the sync is useless :( and Ford hasn't updated my version since 2010, but before the update everything worked. I hope that Nokia fixes this problem in the next update.

Connie Litrenta

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
So 17% don't like their phone and 58% like the phone but have an issue of come type. That means 75% of everyone that voted has an issue with their phone.

Have you EVER seen a phone without an issue? Seriously. You need to interpret these things properly. I could probably sit here and make a list of "issues" if I wanted too. Wouldn't matter because the overall feeling is that I love the phone and Windows Phone 8. People just need to vent even though most rational smart phone users understand that you almost never get everything you want. You just look for the phone that gives you most of what you want and complain about the rest. :wink:

invertme

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
84% being happy is awesome considering most people only come to forums to *****. I am pulling numbers out of my ass but I bet if you randomly asked people it would be more like 95% happy.

Shimoner

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
They need to figure out this heat-up/battery drain issue, and fast (and yes I know that I just have to reboot it, but it is extremely annoying when then phone dies mid-game while plugged in). But otherwise, the phone is great.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flynempire