Does anyone have experience with Nokia Repairs?

winnie01234

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
Hey all,

This is my first post on here. I am currently on my fourth Lumia 920 and this one had yet another issue. The proximity sensor was not working properly when I made phone calls and the phone was not waking when I received text messages. There was also a light leak from the top of the home button into the screen. I sent my phone for repair on 1/31/13 and I am still yet to receive my phone back. This has been extremely frustrating guys and I have received little to no feedback from Nokia. I have also read horror stories on this forum about people sending their phones in for repair only to get them back with the same issue. I am nearly fed up with Nokia and I have been their biggest supporter and defender from iSheep that want to knock my phone. It's getting real hard to not sound like a fool when my best friend (iPhone fanatic) knows about the issues I've had with the phone. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has sent their phone in for repair in the U.S. and how their experience was? Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.

gbbg

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I sent in my first Lumia 920 and heard nothing for almost 2 weeks. I chatted with the CSR again, and she escalated it to high priority. They decided they can't fix it so sent me a replacement from their Dallas warehouse (I heard its AT&Ts) through overnight shipping.
But the new phone had more or less the same issues and an additional crappy battery.

Last edited:

winnie01234

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
I sent mine in on 1/29/13 and I'm getting mine in the mail today. So yeah they take a little while.

So I just received an email that my phone, which has been at Nokias factory since 1/31/13 is being sent back to me. Great news right? Not really. In the email I was told that they were not able to address the issue. Long story short I am getting my same exact phone back, no problem solved, nada. After not having my phone for almost 2 weeks, having to return three previous devices, and now this I can pretty much say I am never supporting a company as dim witted as Nokia. Funny thing is that the company was relying heavily on this phone, only to have it fail in so many quality control aspects. Good luck in the future Nokia, you're gonna need it.

Naterade123

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
So I just received an email that my phone, which has been at Nokias factory since 1/31/13 is being sent back to me. Great news right? Not really. In the email I was told that they were not able to address the issue. Long story short I am getting my same exact phone back, no problem solved, nada. After not having my phone for almost 2 weeks, having to return three previous devices, and now this I can pretty much say I am never supporting a company as dim witted as Nokia. Funny thing is that the company was relying heavily on this phone, only to have it fail in so many quality control aspects. Good luck in the future Nokia, you're gonna need it.

Sorry to hear that. I got mmine yesterday and it turned out to be a brand new replacement. The LED burned out on my old one and of course dust under screen.

pjm1891

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I emailed the Nokia brass about the issues with my phone (faulty proximity sensor/dust under glass and a broken led/flash) 11days ago got a reply within 30 minutes from Mr Elop that he will ask his team to assist. A little while after that i got an email from from the support that they have logged my concern and are looking into it, they also asked me to provide a callback number and my location so they could forward my issues to the local Nokia care team. Haven't heard anything since that.

xsonwong

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I emailed the Nokia brass about the issues with my phone (faulty proximity sensor/dust under glass and a broken led/flash) 11days ago got a reply within 30 minutes from Mr Elop that he will ask his team to assist. A little while after that i got an email from from the support that they have logged my concern and are looking into it, they also asked me to provide a callback number and my location so they could forward my issues to the local Nokia care team. Haven't heard anything since that.
You should contact your local Nokia care team via their Nokia Facebook or something with your service number.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon