One Gmail account won't sync but others will?

futurejp

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Hey, I'm seeing a syncing issue I haven't experienced before. I currently have a 925. I previously had a 710. On the 710, I had 3 gmail accounts: 1 for work and 2 personal. From day one, they all synced perfectly. I only needed email from the 2 personal accounts, while my work account provided email and calendar (which was great because the calendar would automatically buzz/beep and notify me for meeting reminders).

The day I got my 925, I set up the 3 accounts. My 2 personal accounts worked fine. But when I synced (and I still get this problem today) my work account, I get the following error message, which I've googled to no avail:

"Not updated
Your phone doesn't have enough memory to sync information at the moment
Last tried about an hour ago
Error code: 8007000E"

I get this message when I try to open my work email, for example, or when I go to Settings > email+accounts > click on work account (which says 'Attention required' below it).

The weird thing is that it DOES sync my work email. Aside from the error popup every time I try to check my work email, it updates just fine. I can send and receive email. But my calendar has never synced on my 925.

Obviously, when I first set it up, I had like 12 gigs free. Today I have 5.5. Plenty of space, so that error message is just a cover for some other error. I've rebooted the phone multiple times since I got it.

Any ideas how to fix this? Thanks.

futurejp

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Can you run a storage check from the settings app and report back you free space?

Overview:
Apps: 3.4 GB
Media and files: 4.1 GB
System: 1.9 GB
Free space: 5.2 GB

Details:
Apps: 3.4 GB
Maps: 58 MB
Temporary files: 101 MB
Photos: 577 MB
Music: 907 MB
Videos: 1.1 GB
Office documents: 1.8 MB
Email + contacts: 514 MB
Ringtones: 3.2 MB
System: 1.9 GB
Other: 932 MB

But like I said, this happened the day I got this phone (I purchased it, took it out of the box, turned it on, and tried to set up my accounts) so almost no space was taken up then.

futurejp

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
It must be the calendar itself. I went to my work account's calendar settings and shared my calendar with one of my 2 personal gmail accounts (which sync perfectly to my phone). I gave my personal account full ownership over this calendar. In a browser, it's perfect; I see my work calendar on my personal calendar. But now when I sync that personal account on my phone, I get the same 'not enough memory' error message! Ridiculous.

dgennetten

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Same problem. Lumia 1020

Was hoping my brand new Lumia 1020 would finally put to rest my google-sync issues. Not so lucky.

Although email seems to be syncing. Not all my google calendars sync. And I have lost the ability to search mail on the server.

Every time I open email I get

"
Google error
Not updated

Your phone doesn't have enough memory to sync information at the moment.

Last tries 05 seconds ago
Error code: 80070000E
"
:crying:

cyip

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Got my Lumia 1020 last month and I have the same issue since Day 1. All my personal Gmail accounts sync perfectly, including calendar. My work Gmail calendar has never sync'ed and it's giving me the 'not enough memory' error message.

I went to Microsoft store and asked the staff there, noone knew. They said/claimed that they have never seen this before.

What would be the options?

Mac Morrison1

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
yep I'm getting this too :( brand new 1020

manual refresh in the mail app seems to pull in emails
i had no issues on my 920 with gmail - but got similar fails on my mobileme email account

Jono Brain

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Just took delivery of a lovely white Lumia 1020 to replace iPhone 5 and had the same issue. From reading on here I tried disabling contacts and it worked. So I went to contact in Gmail in my browser deleted a few old ones I know longer needed and used the 'Find & merge contacts' feature. Turned syncing contacts back on and it worked.

So not sure if its the 'Find & merge sorting it' or because I deleted a certain contact, but worth giving both a try.

yaguchi

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
just got my Lumia 1020 and I'm having the same issue, it also can't refresh my facebook. Never had this issue with the Lumia 520?

theadman

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
It definitely is the contacts that are causing the issue.
After hours of frustration I tried syncing my Google account with just the email and calendar selected and it works fine.
I am not sure if it is the number of contacts that I have causing the failure or what the issue may be. I have over 500 contacts in my GMail account.

Just more proof of how unresponsive Microsoft is to their customers when we the customers have to troubleshoot the problems with no help from the company that designed the software.

It's truly a shame as the Nokia hardware is beautiful and the Windows OS has the potential to be world class if Microsoft would just get off their behinds and dot the i's and cross the t's they might gain some momentum in the smartphone market.

gmalvim

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Same problem here. I have a Lumia 720. Added 3 Google accounts and one of them, my main e-mail account doesn't sync. And yes, it is definitely the contacts. When I uncheck the contacts box it syncs perfectly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05