Official Lumia 925 GDR2/Amber Feature List Thread

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
With the flood gates opening regarding the release of GDR2 bundled with Nokia’s Amber Update, everyone is dying to know when their Lumia 925 will receive the magical update message. Also, some of you may not know what is included and how it will make your phone better. This guide should provide everything you need!

WAIT...It came with it?!? Lucky, Lucky people...

Well, here is a list of what is new anyways. Maybe it will show you some features that you didn't know you have. Enjoy!

What is included in GDR2?

Fixes Low Res “Me” Tile Pictures - For more details, Click Here

FM Radio - Back from the dead! It is now included on WP8 phones. You can find it in your Music & Video Hub.

Data Sense - It is now available for more phones. For more details, Click Here.

Change Default Camera App - Name says it all!

CardDAV and CalDAV Support - Now sync your calender and contacts from services that use these standards!

HTML5 Improvements - Now view HTML5 sites better in IE! Pages should load faster and with less errors!

Lynx and Skype Stability Improvements

What is included in Amber?

Block Calls & Text Messages - While the API for this feature will be on all phones, Nokia has implemented block calls and text messages based on a blacklist or from numbers that have been withheld. For more details, Click Here.

Video Trimmer - A Nokia app that allows for quick editing and sharing of video. For more details, Click Here.

Double Tap To Wake - Now you can double tap your phone to turn it on! No more finding the power button in the dark.

Glance - This feature allows you to view the clock whenever you take your phone out of your pocket or when you wave your hand over the sensor. For detailed information, Click Here.

Nokia Pro Cam - Want the fantastic app the 1020 uses to take pictures? You got it if you have the 920, 925 or 928! For details, Click Here.

Do you have some new information to share? Post it here! Does this show your phone not having the update yet, but you just verified receiving it? Post it here!

Sia Bahrami

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I love everyone of these updates. I used to have a Lumia 710 with windows 7.5 from T-mobile. I was really excited when windows 8 was coming out for Lumia 710 until I found out I wouldn't get it. But that didn't stop me from loving my phone. I wouldn't have updated it if I hadn't accidentally put it in the washer in my shorts.

My question is, will this update come out for all the lumia 925s? or is the same thing going to happen to me?
Another thing I would like to know is do you know exactly when will the update be out there for everyone to get it? I believe some of the lower models already have it.

Thanks for all the details you provided in your post!

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I love everyone of these updates. I used to have a Lumia 710 with windows 7.5 from T-mobile. I was really excited when windows 8 was coming out for Lumia 710 until I found out I wouldn't get it. But that didn't stop me from loving my phone. I wouldn't have updated it if I hadn't accidentally put it in the washer in my shorts.

My question is, will this update come out for all the lumia 925s? or is the same thing going to happen to me?
Another thing I would like to know is do you know exactly when will the update be out there for everyone to get it? I believe some of the lower models already have it.

Thanks for all the details you provided in your post!

ALL 925s have the update...I tried to make that as clear as possible will text the size of a billboard.

As far as other phones go, check their forums.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3