Tmobile 925 stuck in sunlight readability mode

ryancut

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys,

I have a tmobile branded lumia 925. The phone was working fine until I updated to the latest version of the developer preview OS. The problem is since I have updated, the screen is stuck in the sunlight readability mode, or appears to be at least, it may be a hardware issue. I have tried a factory reset, as well as restoring to the latest image available through the lumia recovery software, and neither has fixed this issue. Toggling the sunlight readability setting does nothing either. If anyone has any tips on why this would happening, I would appreciate it. Here are some pictures to show you the difference between a screenshot and a picture of what the screen appears like when viewing it.

wp_ss_20141115_0001.jpgOffice Lens_20141115_183411_processed.jpg

ryancut

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 925 screen washed out

I posted a thread for this in the 925 forum but got no replies so I figured i'd give it a shot here.

I have a tmobile branded lumia 925. The phone was working fine until I updated to the latest version of the developer preview OS. The problem is since I have updated, the screen is stuck in the sunlight readability mode, or appears to be at least, it may be a hardware issue. Certain colors such as grey and blue are washed out and have too much contrast whereas other colors such as green and red look just fine. I have tried a factory reset, as well as restoring to the latest image available through the lumia recovery software, and neither has fixed this issue. Toggling the sunlight readability setting does nothing either. If anyone has any tips on why this would happening, I would appreciate it. Here are some pictures to show you the difference between a screenshot and a picture of what the screen appears like when viewing it.

wp_ss_20141115_0001.jpg Office Lens_20141115_183411_processed.jpg

knuckles245

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: Lumia 925 screen washed out

I posted a thread for this in the 925 forum but got no replies so I figured i'd give it a shot here.

I have a tmobile branded lumia 925. The phone was working fine until I updated to the latest version of the developer preview OS. The problem is since I have updated, the screen is stuck in the sunlight readability mode, or appears to be at least, it may be a hardware issue. Certain colors such as grey and blue are washed out and have too much contrast whereas other colors such as green and red look just fine. I have tried a factory reset, as well as restoring to the latest image available through the lumia recovery software, and neither has fixed this issue. Toggling the sunlight readability setting does nothing either. If anyone has any tips on why this would happening, I would appreciate it. Here are some pictures to show you the difference between a screenshot and a picture of what the screen appears like when viewing it.

View attachment 93829 View attachment 93830

You mention toggling the Sunlight readability setting, in that same screen... Did you try the Color Profile section?

ryancut

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site

Thanks for the replies. The phone's no longer under warranty, and I bought it off ebay so I'm not the original owner. In the color profiles I adjusted the color temperature and saturation to the highest settings and the colors are still washed out. another thing i noticed is that the glance screen no longer works, when the screen turns off it just flashes gray and then goes black without showing the glance screen. At this point I think it must be a hardware issue, it was just strange that it happened right after the software update. I have an 8x i've been using since this happened, maybe when the phone gets the denim firmware it will help or maybe a windows 10 preview build.

Yazen

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for the replies. The phone's no longer under warranty, and I bought it off ebay so I'm not the original owner. In the color profiles I adjusted the color temperature and saturation to the highest settings and the colors are still washed out. another thing i noticed is that the glance screen no longer works, when the screen turns off it just flashes gray and then goes black without showing the glance screen. At this point I think it must be a hardware issue, it was just strange that it happened right after the software update. I have an 8x i've been using since this happened, maybe when the phone gets the denim firmware it will help or maybe a windows 10 preview build.

LCDs do not 'refresh' like you would expect from a traditional display (CRT). I think the display does not refresh in Glance, and the voltage is very low. What I am wondering is how your display controller could have been flashed in a DP update.

Maybe you could try flashing the oldest ROM you can find?

My fear is that your screen is receiving too much voltage, and would definitely die :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon