Your next smartphone? (If your current WP did not satisfy)

Tumultus

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
Getting my Note 4 today. Will still be keeping my Ativ S and L830 as backup devices but, sadly, I don't find WP attractive anymore.

final_fantasy781

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
I'm going to call Verizon tomorrow to see if I can switch now to an iPhone 6+. I can't stand this app-gap far too much longer. New games come to iPhone and Android almost daily. Windows Phone can only hope, and pray, to get what the other competitors have. And only if we pray and grobble on our knees.

I may dislike iPhone and Android, but when it comes down to Hearthstone and other games that just appear like magic, here I come. If I have to, I will wait until my contact is done in February.

Vic Nair

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
From first to current Smartphone: Sony Ericsson Aspen, Sony Ericsson X8, LG Optimus 7, Nokia Lumia 520, Nokia Lumia 1520.

Looking forward to the 1530. A Sony Windows Phone will be sweet though.

Never will migrate from Windows Phone.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
If there is one, and they whack a decent camera on it, I'll seriously look at Yotaphone 3.
LG G4 with a leather back is looking nice for a bit of purchasing at end of the month.
Or maybe one of the LeTV One range, but I'd want to see one in the flesh first. Cos, y'know, I want to get on that USB-C wagon asap.

lSsantos

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
My next smartphone will be a Zenfone... My L520 is dead after the rollback bug.
I need so hard to play Hearthstone on my phone and u know, I don't think Hearthstone is coming to WP.

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Current phone : Nokia N8 ( Symbian <3 )

Next phone : A white L1520!

After that... who knows!

lol I found my post from a year ago (almost exactly a year ago). Ahh, how time flies.

Anyways, things change, but I'll probably stick with WP untill it pises me off too much and I have to switch. It's good for now, I'm tolerating the minor issues.

Current: A white L1520! <3
Next device: Who knows... I'll keep my eye on Jolla and Sailfish. I seriously doubt I'll ever use an Android.

Richard Moore

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
I eagerly bought an HTC 8X two and half years ago. I've been very happy with Windows Phone. I hated the android phone that I left behind and I've never liked iOS or Apple in general. I'm locked into Verizon because of work and coverage, so changing carriers has never been an option. I almost pulled the trigger on the Icon back a few months ago. I waited a few days to think it over, and suddenly it disappeared from Verizon's website. Whew, glad I waited!!

So, I was content on waiting for the next Lumia flagship, but my patience was wearing thin. I own a 520 and 635 and very happy with both devices. I was sure something would come out soon and I'd be in WP heaven again. However, my 8X finally died. It had been showing signs of a slow death for several weeks and it finally threw in the towel. I went to the Verizon store Saturday and bought an iPhone 6.

I'm sorry to say that I have officially abandoned Windows Phone and will probably not return. This iPhone is a very high quality device. The apps are beautiful and work perfectly. It has so much more to offer than the Windows Phone. It may sound strange to say this, but I actually feel liberated. Maybe one day I'll return to WP, but I seriously doubt there will even be a WP for very much longer.

Good bye Windows Phone. Best of luck.

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I eagerly bought an HTC 8X two and half years ago. I've been very happy with Windows Phone. I hated the android phone that I left behind and I've never liked iOS or Apple in general. I'm locked into Verizon because of work and coverage, so changing carriers has never been an option. I almost pulled the trigger on the Icon back a few months ago. I waited a few days to think it over, and suddenly it disappeared from Verizon's website. Whew, glad I waited!!

So, I was content on waiting for the next Lumia flagship, but my patience was wearing thin. I own a 520 and 635 and very happy with both devices. I was sure something would come out soon and I'd be in WP heaven again. However, my 8X finally died. It had been showing signs of a slow death for several weeks and it finally threw in the towel. I went to the Verizon store Saturday and bought an iPhone 6.

I'm sorry to say that I have officially abandoned Windows Phone and will probably not return. This iPhone is a very high quality device. The apps are beautiful and work perfectly. It has so much more to offer than the Windows Phone. It may sound strange to say this, but I actually feel liberated. Maybe one day I'll return to WP, but I seriously doubt there will even be a WP for very much longer.

Good bye Windows Phone. Best of luck.

I'm curious, why were you relieved after Verizon removed it? I just activated mine less than a week ago and can't be happier. I guess certain apps will motivate some more than others, but I'm confused as to the relief you felt to Verizon removing the device...?

I happen to like this OS very much and hope it doesn't go anywhere.

Richard Moore

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
I'm curious, why were you relieved after Verizon removed it? I just activated mine less than a week ago and can't be happier. I guess certain apps will motivate some more than others, but I'm confused as to the relief you felt to Verizon removing the device...?

I happen to like this OS very much and hope it doesn't go anywhere.

I was relieved that I didn't purchase a phone at the very time that it was going obsolete. Verizon has a terrible track record with supporting Windows Phones. It would only be worse with one that has been discontinued. Don't get me wrong, the Icon a fine phone and has a lot of features that most WP fans are looking for with the exception of a microSD slot and Glance (both of which had no bearing on my decision to change).

I've had my iPhone 6 for a total of 5 days. Sure I miss the WP operating system. I think it's by far the best phone OS out there. However, when you look at the total package, Windows Phone is lacking in almost every way measurable. If WP manages to stay alive and actually make some real progress, I'll gladly return. But until then, I'm going to give this iPhone a fair chance.

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Apple iPhone 6 maybe.
Or Xperia Z3 Kind remind me with my 930 metal frame huh.

Of course I'm going to use Cyanogen ROM. I don't like google services too much. Even I go switch I'll stick with MS ecosystem

nakirasu

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I currently have a Lumia 925. I have some money on the side for the Lumia 940 if it ever come out. In any case, I'm staying with the Windows platform.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon