Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

I dont know whether its just me or not. I tried a whole lot of things to improve my battery. And discovered, when i switch off the vibrator i get a battery boost of 40%!!!!! Straight without any other change like brightness etc. Wanna know whether its just me or you guys get the same.

By the way i am new to windows phone as well as this community so hello guys :-D
    geewhizjay likes this.

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by irfan intekhab View Post
    I dont know whether its just me or not. I tried a whole lot of things to improve my battery. And discovered, when i switch off the vibrator i get a battery boost of 40%!!!!! Straight without any other change like brightness etc. Wanna know whether its just me or you guys get the same.

By the way i am new to windows phone as well as this community so hello guys :-D
    Do you simply mean leaving it on silent instead of vibrate, or do you mean that you have found a way to turn off the "haptic feedback" from button presses altogether? And yes, evey vibration uses the little motor, which uses power. So if you get texts A LOT so your phone is always buzzing, you definitely will benefit from turning it off.

I am a battery fiend myself, and keeping your email syncing every 30 minutes or an hour helps a lot. I have 4 email accounts, and if I have them all on "push" my phone will die in half a day haha.

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by graciaman View Post
    Do you simply mean leaving it on silent instead of vibrate, or do you mean that you have found a way to turn off the "haptic feedback" from button presses altogether? And yes, evey vibration uses the little motor, which uses power. So if you get texts A LOT so your phone is always buzzing, you definitely will benefit from turning it off.

I am a battery fiend myself, and keeping your email syncing every 30 minutes or an hour helps a lot. I have 4 email accounts, and if I have them all on "push" my phone will die in half a day haha.
    I think he meant just completely turning off the Vibrate feature - so your phone will either be on Ring or Silent. For example, when your phone is on Ring and you receive notifications, you'll hear the ringtone but no vibration.

I have 3 email accounts on push and do a moderate amount of texting. My battery generally ends up at about 30 - 40% by the end of the work day (5 - 6pm), and the phone is off the charger at around 8am. Battery seems about the same or fractionally better as my iPhone 4 (which isn't saying much!).

Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by graciaman View Post

Well, the new Focus S actually adds an option to disable the haptic feedback, too, which is pretty neat :)

Global Posts
    2,259 Global Posts
    Might have to give this a try, but thinking there is one too many zeros in that claim. Just sayin.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    I tested the vibration-off effect the last couple of days and did not get the reported improvements. These inter-user comparisons, however, are problematic because our use patterns and device characteristics and settings are too diverse. I wouldn't deny irfan's own data/experience, but I would doubt that many others could duplicate it -for this intervention or most others.

I can't easily compare my own use patterns from one day to the next. I have two cheap backup batteries that I've wanted to compare with the Samsung, but it's just to hard to control for my own daily variability. I think they are not as good, but I haven't been able to come up with any good estimates that I could report. Anyway, if I were to guesstimate the vibration-off improvement for my Focus profile and my usage these two days, I'd say 10-15 percent. Not worth it to me -then again, I'm used to just popping in another battery as needed and not worrying about battery life. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Rodolfo View Post
    I tested the vibration-off effect the last couple of days and did not get the reported improvements. These inter-user comparisons, however, are problematic because our use patterns and device characteristics and settings are too diverse. I wouldn't deny irfan's own data/experience, but I would doubt that many others could duplicate it -for this intervention or most others.

I can't easily compare my own use patterns from one day to the next. I have two cheap backup batteries that I've wanted to compare with the Samsung, but it's just to hard to control for my own daily variability. I think they are not as good, but I haven't been able to come up with any good estimates that I could report. Anyway, if I were to guesstimate the vibration-off improvement for my Focus profile and my usage these two days, I'd say 10-15 percent. Not worth it to me -then again, I'm used to just popping in another battery as needed and not worrying about battery life. ;)
    Yeah definitely agree wth that point Rodolfo. While you pop in a new battery, I just keep a charger at several locations at home, in the car and another at work. Takes care of any battery problems I may run into. Only time I ever have issues with keeping a charge is if we are in the mountains and lose signal. But that's not unique tot he Focus.

I totally agree. The battery performance in the end boils down to personal usage. I guess cuz i get calls mostly and i answer late, so maybe for me turning of the vibration with ringer on gives a better battery performance. Cuz the motor is not used. Also cuz i text(chat) alot so maybe the constant vibration is also avoided hence maybe i get a good boost which others might not get. But anyway its a beautiful smart phone and smartphones tgese days anyway dont have batteries like our old black and white basic phones haha