7.8 Update??

drusand810

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I updated my AT&T focus using seveneighter. I received an error at some point and had to clear some space from my computer because there wasn't enough room to backup. After that, it went through the 4 or 5 updates it needed and got me to 7.8.

2 things since I've updated:

- I might be imagining things, but it feels like the battery dies slightly faster.
- The upgrade allows visual voicemail, but it doesn't work. It's annoying because you have to go to the "voicemail" screen in the phone app and the phone attempts to download visual voicemail for about 20-30 seconds before it fails and you can just call your voicemail.

Piyu_jn

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I have a Rogers focus and I just got 7.8 last night using the disconnect trick.
  1. Put your phone in airplane mode.
  2. Plug it into zune, click settings, click update.
  3. After about 2-3 seconds unplug your internet or turn off wifi.
  4. Now wait. If you are successful, it will say "update available", if you turned off wifi too soon it will say "cannot connect", if you turned off wifi too late it will say your phone is "up to date".
  5. If it didn't work keep trying, just click on something else, turn wifi back on, then click update again and turn wifi off (I sometimes disconnected the phone in between but I don't know if that matters).
  6. If it worked, turn WIFI back on and click to install the update.
  7. You will have to do this 3 times as the 7.8 update is 3 separate updates.

Does Anyone succeeded in updating Focus like this i m not having luck but i have successfully updated lumia 800 with this method in India But not having luck with my Samsung Focus

mikeeemm

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Does Anyone succeeded in updating Focus like this i m not having luck but i have successfully updated lumia 800 with this method in India But not having luck with my Samsung Focus

The update is technically not available for the focus, after speaking with at&t, samsung and windowsphone support the focus i917 is up to date on 7720.

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I have damaged two Focuss in the last six months and Mango still works flawlessly on my third Focus. Then again, I still prefer the look and feel of the original-size tiles. :wink:

Mikejl87

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
I have an AT&T Focus v1.3 and tried just about every method. I tried Seven Eighter, the cab method, and the disconnect. No luck at all. I keep getting an error on Seven Eighter and "update unsuccessful" on the phone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon