Anyone else having issues with the Me tile?

VernonEL

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
This is definitely Microsoft's fault as Twitter notifications are also affected... Could this be an 8107 issue? Anyone on 7720 having this issue as well?

Sent from my Radar 4G using Board Express

Yep. Me too. 7740 and seeing this issue. Annoying, but I don't use the Me Tile notifications as much as Mehdoh metion alerts and such.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I am having this same issue it has been happening for the past 2 days. It seams the Me Tile wont clear Facebook notifications anymore. I used the facebook app to clear the notifications and my Me Tile is no longer showing the notifications.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
It's off and on it seems, I haven't seen it in the last couple of days. Nothing too annoying that would require discontinuation of use.

woodbane

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Honestly I'm glad to see its not just me. This has been bugging the crap out of me the last couple of weeks. I bet it's a communication issue with the FB servers. Honestly, now that Windows phone is picking up speed, Facebook should allow our People hub access like an official app and not a 3rd party one.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

TGBmark1234

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Just to pile on, I've been seeing this on my phone with 7740 since the weekend. If I use the FB website to clear the notifications, then the Me tile clears as well, but the Me tile isn't clearing by itself.

beej

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I've been having both problems mentioned:

1. Inaccurate Me tile.
2. Me tile resetting the place in my timeline after refreshing.

Also (though I think this may be only my carrier), I'm getting my SMS text messages in weird order--like I'll get one from 3 hours ago. It's timestamoed at the right time, but I'm gettign them in delayed fashion...

Hmm...

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Mine has been playing up recently. It's not refreshing after I've checked the notifications so it keeps alerting me about the same 2 notifications from days ago. It's fine now, but has done this a couple of times recently.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I am having this same issue it has been happening for the past 2 days. It seams the Me Tile wont clear Facebook notifications anymore. I used the facebook app to clear the notifications and my Me Tile is no longer showing the notifications.

gen 1 samsung focus no issues like you guys are describing

Chowdah72

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Glad to hear that wpcentral is getting involved. I am still showing 12 notifications.

Something gas changed though. It used to be that I would show "x" amount of notifications, then open the me tile, and go to notifications to clear it.

Now, this no longer clears it- seems now it shows 12 notifications all the time. No matter what I do.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
No it doesn't, the facebook app does but not the people hub facebook integration. The people hub is still only treated as a 3rd party app so if any one of your friends doesn't share their posts to 3rd party apps then those posts won't appear in the people hub timeline. I've seen some people here whom unfortunately have a majority of their friends with that particular privacy setting turned on so their people hub facebook timeline is rendered virtually useless. Until facebook allows Windows Live to behave like a 1st party app (which is probably doubtful) those "private" posts so to speak, will never show up. Give it a shot, look at your facebook timeline through your desktop/laptop and your people hub at the same time and compare the posts, there is bound to be at least one person that won't show up on your timeline in the people hub. If you're lucky and all your friends don't have their privacy too strict then you're good, otherwise we all await first party approval.
Have you looked at the People Hub lately? MS made a change so that it now shows everything regardless of privacy settings.

Here's the thread eric mentioned that talks about it:
http://forums.windowscentral.com/os-discussion/187812.htm

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm still having this issue. Some notifications either aren't showing up, show up as read (and then I skip over them), or I'll get a notification for an old notification again.

I've also seen a few read messages get marked unread. Not sure if that's related.

Hopefully this gets fixed soon because it's pretty annoying.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkilDS