Asus Vivotab Smart screen cracked by itself

diana seaver

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
I keep checking back on this page as I am about to try and deal with asus. they have my tablet and of course don't want to replace the defective screen so I will give it a go around on the phone. the more we get together the better chance we may have to get this resolved. does anyone know where we can go collectively from here?

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Two days ago happened the same to me, it was charging on the desk and after 5 minutes I came back and cracked the bottom left cracked.
http://sdrv.ms/167b3Kl

I think it is a great device and the issue is that where I live there is no way to send to a repair service. Did anyone received any letter from asus about this horrible problem?

Leblonsky

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
Hey, I googled about this issue and I found this topic...So, I just got home, took my vivotab from its case and the screen was cracked. This never happened to me before, I've owned several smartphones and this is my second tablet (I bought it in January)... I didn't hear anything, but nothing happened with the tablet, I had it in a pouch with my other stuff within its case... It was very well protected... I'll be sending it to repair today but I guess Asus won't take responsability...

topsy234

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I have signed the petition
: this is my second ASUS with cracked screen. I bought my 1st last week in March and the screen cracked into pieces from a very minor slip. i found thid incredicble as as the distance was less that a metre and it fell on carpeted floor. I clasim on my insurance and they finally paid up in July. bacause i had invested a bit in accessories (cables, screen & keyboard cover) i bought another immediately. but to my dismay this too has cracked (internally) however this time around, there was no accident or fall. .

i feel duped, as i really thought long and hard before going for the vivotab

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Really strange behavior you have.

When I first installed Win8.1 and got very bad responsive from touch, I beat it with fists very hard! And guest what? Nothing happened with screen. I have ASUS sleeve keyboard and I keep tablet in my notebook bag. Everything is ok.

pendulumss

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
dropping your tablet is not "cracking by itself". It doesnt take a lot of force to cause the screen to crack and spider out. If the impact is focused on the corner, it will easily stress the entire screen.

I still have a heard time believing anything in this thread.

Cracked screen are part of owning a smart phone and a tablet. Things dont just break.

ShavedMonkey

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Yes they do.

The glass in these is NOT Gorilla Glass. Very fragile. I know because mine also cracked. I have taken the screen off (unbelievable how fragile the glass is).

I am stuck with mine. (No site ANYWHERE on the web has replacement parts for just this screen model either - plenty of all the other Asus VivoTab models - just not the ME400. Why does ASUS not also make this glass replacement available? Because it is dodgy?).

I have also seen quite a few ME400s on Ebay WITH a cracked screen being sold off.

I am very p*ssed off also. (Own dozens of phones, tablets, gadgets and have never had this happen).

Greybeard000

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone ever found a source for these Vivotab ME 400C screens at a reasonable price?...our story is the same a many above, screen cracked after 2 months with absolutely no reason, Asus service would only repair if we paid about $200 Canadian... about 50% of what we paid in Dec of 2013...I think it is due to a poor design with a defective screen that has internal stresses, but prove it?

Rene Abril

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
I spent many years in the glass business. Glass failure is common place. Often the glass is stressed leaving the factory and develops a stress fracture with change of just a few degrees. Ask Asus, you never know.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HardinTergat