Best third party gmail client ?

Sonu K

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone, after using the default push mail system in my Lumia 630, i realized its too limited and it is not syncing the folders and other stuff. For example if you open a mail from the notification bar, i don't see any options to go to 'inbox'. I believe if they added a 'back to inbox' button instead of 'respond' it would've been better.:eck:
Anyway, i would like to know which is the best third-party mail client for gmail?
(i'm not feeling really good about handing over my gmail pw to a third party app, but i guess there is no other way. :unhappy:)

Ltauhmise

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
What's wrong with the standard mail function on your phone? I have both Hotmail and Gmail icons on my Lumia. But then again, I don't use any other fancy features in gmail.... as long as I can open and then delete the mail, I'm fine. lol

jaspreet Atwa1

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Standard Gmail client is better than any other apps that are available in the market. Most of the apps are just wrappers around the web interface with bad responsiveness and poor UI.

Sonu K

May 29, 2014
Visit site
What's wrong with the standard mail function on your phone? I have both Hotmail and Gmail icons on my Lumia. But then again, I don't use any other fancy features in gmail.... as long as I can open and then delete the mail, I'm fine. lol

I was using standard mail function in windows phone by adding my gmail account to that. When I'm using my email i would like to write, read, reply and delete my mails(i hope these are not 'fancy'). Not just read and delete. Standard mail feature in WP doesn't sync all folders or labels at once. If you are in inbox and give 'sync' command it syncs only inbox, not drafts. I faced a situation when i needed to access my drafts folder for emergency i realized its not synced yet and it was taking too much time(even though i had just 3 drafts). I know it can depend on my network speed too. But, my good old Asha 200 with a Series 40 OS had better standard pushmail capabilities than windows phone. Don't get me wrong, i'm love Lumia. But this is a drawback(for me). Still it does not sync my draft folder!!
Another thing is if there is a new mail alert in notification bar you can tap it to read it. Once you are inside the mail there is no way to go to inbox from there. If you press 'back' arrow it goes to the start screen. If you check the 'more'(...) menu, there is no option for that. You have to go to start menu and access the mail tile again!!! Which is just one more tap but annoying. I mean that's not i want to use my mail.
Currently i have started using metro mail and i like it. You get all the standard features of an email.

Sonu K

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Standard Gmail client is better than any other apps that are available in the market. Most of the apps are just wrappers around the web interface with bad responsiveness and poor UI.

Most of the 'Gmail apps' or Google apps are just wrappers. You are right. But i think Metro Mail and Maestro is different.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DualBoot42