Mail/Calendar App Stopped Syncing Gmail

slamroc

Jun 21, 2017
Visit site
Hi,

I use the native Windows 10 Mail & Calendar app to sync multiple email accounts - a Microsoft "@live.com" account, a personal Gmail account, and an Outlook.com account. About two weeks ago the app stopped receiving messages from my personal gmail account...

-The inbox simply says "Nothing has arrived yet" no matter if I manually sync or it auto syncs.
-I have ensured that the settings are set to auto-download messages from any time - done both manual and automatic (every 15 minutes, etc.) sync
- The app pulls the appropriate folder list - all of my Gmail folders (labels) show up in a list, but all show as empty even on manual sync
- I can still send messages from this account and they arrive at the appropriate destination
- I can search for messages, and when I click "search online", the app will find messages from the gmail server
- I have removed and reconfigured the account multiple times
- I ran the Windows 10 store troubleshooter and it fixed a cache problem
- I have reset the application completely through the application manager and reconfigured all accounts
- I have uninstalled the Mail app and reinstalled it using a PowerShell command prompt

...issue persists. The other two mail accounts work fine, but the personal Gmail account does not. And - gmail still works fine through this app on my desktop computer, just not on my laptop.

Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks so much for the help.

slamroc

Jun 21, 2017
Visit site
...so, I contacted Microsoft for support - nothing they recommended helped. I ended up resetting Windows and now the problem with the app is resolved.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria