Bing Weather: Does anyone else's live tile not update?

Jetface

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
BOOM!!!!

That did it! I uninstalled App Social and my live tiles all started working again. I did unpin and repin my Bing Sports and Bing News tiles, but I did NOT unpin the Me tile so I think simply uninstalling App Social did it. (I did reboot after the uninstall, but that might not have been needed either.)

Thank you, sir Jetface!

Glad that worked :smile: I created a bug report on Nokia's Beta Labs site now (and posted a link to this thread) that I know I wasn't the only one seeing the issue. I'm wondering if the people in the other thread you mentioned are also running App Social.

leo9212

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Out of curiosity do you have Nokia's App Social Beta installed? I noticed when that was installed that none of my tiles (including Bing Weather) were updating. After uninstalling it everything started working again.

OMG you saved me. My live tiles stopped updating since a month ago, i tried to do everything i can i even did a hard reset. But as soon as i uninstalled that one app and did a reboot everything works. They really need to take out the app from the app store if it is the only one causing problems. really thank you.

waqqas31

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Well, App Social is not available in Canada yet, so that (unfortunately) was not the culprit for me, so I just zapped all my Bing apps and restarted my 920. Hopefully all will revert back to normal. If it does, I might try just Bing Weather to see if it takes down all the live tiles by itself or not.

Djolle

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
JFYI I have l620 and App Social and Bing Weather installed, everything is working fine with all of my tiles... so, I don't think that you nailed a problem.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
JFYI I have l620 and App Social and Bing Weather installed, everything is working fine with all of my tiles... so, I don't think that you nailed a problem.

Dunno... All I can tell you is that my live tiles (other then mail/txt) have not been working for several days and once I removed that app, BAM, all is well again. So I nailed my problem at least. :)

waqqas31

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Bad news for me.... I uninstalled all the new Bing Apps and restarted my phone, but still no live tile updates :( And I never had App Social to begin with... sigh...

mtiede

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
I uninstalled all the Bing apps and social and rebooted several times and live tile updated once, I think, and no more. Anyone else figured out a solution? I guess I have a phone with dead tiles.

waqqas31

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I uninstalled all the Bing apps and social and rebooted several times and live tile updated once, I think, and no more. Anyone else figured out a solution? I guess I have a phone with dead tiles.

I hope I don't jinx myself, but contrary to common sense, I actually re-installed Bing Weather and uninstalled it, wanting to see if the app that killed it all to begin with could be the one to bring the live tiles back to life. The initial signs are encouraging, but I remain cautiously optimistic :)

Note: I also uninstalled Battery Pro+ at the same time as Bing Weather, followed by a soft reset.

I'm going to wait 24 hours before drawing any conclusions!

mtiede

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
I uninstalled Weather Channel. I am only using AccuWeather now. Everything seems to be updating now. Weather Channel is kind of suspicious since there is a plain one and a Nokia one and I think I may have installed Nokia one when problems started.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I am using all the Bing apps News does not seem to update regularly. I only have weather and news on the start screen. I dont use new very often I do look at it some and many remove it from the start screen. weather works just fine its one of five apps that I show allowed in background apps in settings. With no more than five apps on the background apps on setting s / background on my 920 live tiles have issues with updating. It was mainly affecting the simple weather 2.0 app which was important . to me.

waqqas31

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I hope I don't jinx myself, but contrary to common sense, I actually re-installed Bing Weather and uninstalled it, wanting to see if the app that killed it all to begin with could be the one to bring the live tiles back to life. The initial signs are encouraging, but I remain cautiously optimistic :)

Note: I also uninstalled Battery Pro+ at the same time as Bing Weather, followed by a soft reset.

I'm going to wait 24 hours before drawing any conclusions!

Newest update: All live tiles seem to be updating more or less normally. I even re-installed Accuweather and it is updating, too.

CopaCC

May 26, 2013
Visit site
Mine updates okay although the last coupler of days it seems to say "Clear" when it's raining and "Light Rain" when it's only partly cloudy.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 4

gbbg

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
My Bing weather app shows night tile and background at 8am in the morning. Hmmm the location updates but the temp doesn't. Something wrong with the app.

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
Check out the comments/suggestions by Mr. Brown and myself in this thread:

Live tiles dead

Basically it's most likely too many background agents running. (Some apps can have agents running and you may not see them in the 'background tasks' settings screen) I'd advise opening all your apps and checking their respective settings to disable Live Tiles, and other background agent/tasks there on top of blocking unwanted apps in the background tasks settings. Also keep a count of how many apps have background tasks running. More than 15 seems to be the spot where people start having troubles. Good luck.

Dreamspell

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
My Bing Weather live tile and lockscreen also don't update. I disabled the live tiles within other apps as previously prescribed, and I also only have 3 apps allowed in the background task settings. Lock Manager Free weather updates fine though on both the live tile and lockscreen.

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
Note my last post about a possible fix will likely only work if all your live tiles are acting up and/or intermittently work. If it's just one specific app, not sure this will help.

EchoRedux

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Bing weather and Bing Sports. If I go into the app, it updates just fine, but the tiles themselves don't. I have Bing finance and weave pinned as well and those update frequently. Just Bing weather and sports are having problems.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deryl McCarty