Boot time takes over two minutes?

Jubz

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
Not feeling the need for a folded under keyboard...not happening in my world because that is ludicrous.

I find the folded under keyboard handy with limited space though need quick access to a physical keyboard, and at times I need a stable platform for the hinge like in a car. I find myself grabbing the SP4 for edc instead of my XPS13 laptop.

Rayaarito

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
Just for those curious, I called customer service. They told me to hold the power button and up volume button at the same time till it booted me into UEFI screen. As soon as i get there, don't do anything but then shut down the computer by holding the power button for thirty seconds. Then boot it up. It booted up in 10-20 seconds this time. Tried again, boots up in 10-20 seconds consistently.

I'm not considering it fixed till it's like this for a week. I'm extremely wary about that 'fix' since i didn't actually do anything. Anybody have any ideas as to what i'm doing internally by booting up the UEFI screen and just shutting it down?

Alright guys, i'm a filthy liar. I saw the posts above where you guys were talking about it taking for ever when the keypad is folded under so i tested it out a few times.

When keyboard is attached and folded underneath when I boot it: On average it takes 2 minutes and 17 seconds to boot
When keyboard is attached but in the upright position: On Average it takes 15 seconds to boot
When keyboard is not attached: On Average it takes 10 seconds

I wonder what the issue is then since it only happens when the keyboard is folded

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Interesting, looks like the only full proof way to avoid long boot up times is simple not have the keyboard folded back when doing a cold boot or just have the keyboard detached completely.

Do you guys get a long boot time with warm boots with the keyboard folded back?

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
This is something that will get fixed in an OS or firmware update. One to report, perhaps in the Windows Feedback tool or via Twitter. Although I'd be amazed if they didn't know about it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Happy