contact sync with Gmail.

mrDatch

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
I had my phone set up and working perfectly. Added the gmail account and was able to sync contacts automatically fine. No issues.

I decided that I was going to sell it and did a reset and then things changed and I kept it, added my account again and now it wont sync with google at ALL.

I add the gmail account and I can see all of my emails, but when i hit the three dots, go to settings > synchronisation settings and the check boxes are no longer there!

I remember there was the check boxes asking what I wanted to sync.

Any idea how I can get my contacts back on my phone? they are still on my online google account.

Foolsgold

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi, actually I'm having the same problem.
I re-installed my Google-account once with the 'advanced option'. I wanted to test if an email read on my phone would also be marked as read in gmail. So I had it set it up with IMAP.
But later I saw that this way I could not sync my calender and my contacts.
So I deleted again this IMAP-gmail account and created a new normal Google mail account on my Lumia 800.
But then I noticed the problem you described; the three checkboxes don't appear. Instead I now see my IMAP-settings for my Gmail, but I cannot sync my calendar or my contacts.
Another gmail-account on my phone still shows the checkboxes.

I have tried a few times deleting and again setting up the account, but it doesn't work.
Hopefully someone has a suggestion.

Bora777

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
This is because Microsoft has removed the original Google account setup in Windows Phone which automatically loaded Gmail's Exchange ActiveSync settings, probably in anticipation of Google's removal of Exchange ActiveSync support for Gmail. IMAP is now the default setup for Gmail on WP but as you may have discovered, IMAP only works for e-mail.

However, Google has extended Exchange ActiveSync support until July so the workaround (for now) is to simply set up your Google account as an Exchange account manually, under "Outlook" instead of "Google". You will then need to enter the domain (google) and server (m.google.com) yourself. Once done, you will see the familiar options for Contacts, Calendar, E-mail and even Tasks.

Hope this helps.

Stelian Vultur

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I had the same problem in my Lumia 920. After changes password, I could not sync the email (deleting and recreating gmail account on my phone did not help).
Solution: go to your google acount web page on security and generate a new application password. Use that password. No more worries when you have to change your google password. Good luck!

D Last Born

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Dear Lumia users all the mentioned methods are no longer supported by Microsoft, therefore is only mails you can sync.
The solution is:
Note. Remove all previous accounts in your phone if possible reset it and do the following!

1.Get Microsoft outlook 2010 that is what i get
2. Sync your gmail account into the outlook, which will surely import all your mails & contacts
3 Sync your windows live account into the outlook, but you will need Outlook Hotmail Connector and you can get it from the link below
Microsoft Office Outlook Hotmail Connector overview - Outlook - Office.com
4. From the contact list on the outlook, you will see contacts from gmail and Live or hotmail, highlight all the contacts under your gmail account and drag them into live or hotmail accounts, let it finish the process
Finally,Now you cam add the live or hotmail account into your phone and allow it the sync that is all.

best of luck

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yenofenny