Does anyone else think the search button is useless?

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I think the search button is worthless waste of space. And Im sad to say it! Bing is no way near as good as google, not at least here in Europe (Finland). And I hate the fact I have to use googles service, but really there is no alternative.

Now if the button would search on the phone too like said before. For example when typing a name it would give all results, contacts, music, calendar, web etc... This would be the ultimate launcher button and I would just love it...

Villain

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
I originally did for my history of owning wp7 and first part of wp8 but wow its actually an awesome button once ya know what it does and how to use it.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, on my HTC 8x the search button is hit accidentally way to often. I haven't use it almost at all, but it will be very handy if I can use it to find contacts, songs, apps. A little customization will not hurt at all.

One WP7 the first version, the search button would work inside of people hub to search for people. It also worked in other apps and the app list. I think they took this away in Nodo or Mango. I thought it was a bad feature because sometimes I wanted to launch Bing it would would show the search field for contacts if I was in the people hub.

I really like the search button, Bing is one of my most used "Apps" if I accidently hit it, I just hit the back button and I am back where I was.

Ktysai

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
rdubmu, if it was implemented then perhaps can be recoded again. If would be really nice to be used on local or web search based on user customization.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
I love the search charm in Win8. It completely surprised me though when I found the WP8 search button always goes to Bing search, even if I'm not using IE at the time? Say I'm in MetroTube in Win8, the search charm then searches within MetroTube (though I can choose to broaden the search or search within any other app if I want). Why did they get rid of that?

Make the WP8 search button work like Win8's search charm and I'll use it plenty. I don't really understand why they dropped this for WP8. It was a silly move by MS.

Smyrna5

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I am increasingly liking the Bing search button, because it works for most things, and its right there when I need it quickly. I was in an auto parts store tonight and they didn't have the part I needed, but a neighboring store did. The guy behind the counter fumbled around for their number but couldn't seem to lay his hand on it. I reached into my pocket and typed in the name of the store. Bing brought it up within seconds. I tapped on the number and it dialed, whereupon I handed him the phone.

JoeDizzle33

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I like the search button and use it all the time. Its great for quickly seeing what's playing in theaters, seeing what activities are around and such.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zahrajooon1254