EU recommends Google breakup

Michael Alan Goff

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
Neither do they invalidate them. The only thing you were interested in doing earlier was to chirp in for no other reason than to attempt to discredit him because writes positive articles about Google. Gimme a break. Yeah, Jarvis is a paid shill, someone pass me my tinfoil hat!

Lol.

Here's what he actually did say about the right to be forgotten:

"A far worse impingement of free speech comes with the right to be forgotten, another newly invented principle that has been espoused by European politicians and brought to reality by a European court. The decision tramples on others? right to remember. As news organizations are all too quickly learning when links to their work disappear, the right to be forgotten also impinges on the right to free speech and a free press. Shouldn?t Europe of any place on earth be wary of attempts to rewrite history, to control knowledge, to allow powerful institutions ? whether governments or corporations ? to decree what must not be known? Shouldn?t the real lesson of our public embarrassments online be that we all make mistakes and we need to learn to be more tolerant of others?"

/drop mic

I think the whole thing is lame, but his words are hilarious. If they get wiped off of the internet, we won't suddenly forget them. Seriously, it reads as a guy who needs a tinfoil hat near the end.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Neither do they invalidate them. The only thing you were interested in doing earlier was to chirp in for no other reason than to attempt to discredit him because writes positive articles about Google. Gimme a break. Yeah, Jarvis is a paid shill, someone pass me my tinfoil hat!

Lol.

Here's what he actually did say about the right to be forgotten:

"A far worse impingement of free speech comes with the right to be forgotten, another newly invented principle that has been espoused by European politicians and brought to reality by a European court. The decision tramples on others? right to remember. As news organizations are all too quickly learning when links to their work disappear, the right to be forgotten also impinges on the right to free speech and a free press. Shouldn?t Europe of any place on earth be wary of attempts to rewrite history, to control knowledge, to allow powerful institutions ? whether governments or corporations ? to decree what must not be known? Shouldn?t the real lesson of our public embarrassments online be that we all make mistakes and we need to learn to be more tolerant of others?"

/drop mic

If they don't validate or invalidate his words, then wth was the point of saying them? I'm not trying to discredit him (although his article doesn't do him much credit), I was trying to keep it in perspective. If you had linked an article that said "Google is an evil monopoly and will fail", and I find out its written by Paul Thurrott, I would've said the same thing. It's giving perspective. Are you trying to tell me that a pro-Google writer talking about something that negatively affects Google has no conflict of interest??? None?? That's some blind faith that I don't subscribe to, but you can do that if you want. Any mention of being a paid shill was all in your mind.

/picks mic back up and gives it to you so you can try to tell me how there's no conflict of interest and how we should blindly believe everything on the internet.

jonnaver

Banned
Aug 15, 2014
Visit site
how we should blindly believe everything on the internet.

That goes both ways by the way. I've also been affected FAR worse from believing politicians than I ever have by any company, and far more often too. You go ahead and keep on thinking the EU are being altruistic.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serdezdezen