Even Microsoft Copilot can't help Bing touch the dominance in search from Google

Jez Corden

Staff member
Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Unsurprising... Microsoft should do more to improve local search results. Gutting Microsoft Rewards probably isn't helping with the uptake either.

Jack Pipsam

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Unsurprising... Microsoft should do more to improve local search results. Gutting Microsoft Rewards probably isn't helping with the uptake either.
I agree, local search results are a big problem for me when I use Bing. Even though I am in Australia, and Bing is also set to Australia. If I type in a business or service, instead of doing anything local, it'll often automatically present me with results for the United States.

Google, for all their faults, never does this (although I still avoid using it like the plague).

The Werewolf

May 4, 2014
Visit site

Even Microsoft Copilot can't help Bing touch the dominance in search from Google​

Copilot is the reason I've been using Bing less and actually switching back to Google for searching. I have no problem with it being offered, but the sheer giddiness and intrusiveness with which they've done it is immensely off-putting.

Even just scrolling up to the top of the page is an exercise in terror as if you go even one tick too high, BANG, you're trapped in Copilot world and stuck there until it's done its bit and lets you scroll back down.

Microsoft seems to think it's Apple and can foist anything it wants on its customers with impugnity.

But that's why I switched from macOS to Windows - to get away from that. If Windows is going to be as bad as macOS for implementing random bad idea "just 'cause" then I may as well go back to macOS - or give Linux a try.

Last edited:

naddy69

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
"I have no problem with it being offered, but the sheer giddiness and intrusiveness with which they've done it is immensely off-putting."

I agree with that. But why are you fighting with it? The Copilot junk can be turned off.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria