Finally ATT Cyan (sarcasm should be noted)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mickydale

Banned
Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
I have been a longtime fan and supporter of Windows Phone and Nokia. I have urged others to try the OS and Nokia devices a and been mocked for my trying an enthusiasm. Today I am starting to understand why others laugh at the struggling platform and it's Nokia "smartphones".
I spent some time on Android devices and really didn't care for it much, mainly the lag that sets in a few months after its new... But Windows Phone is becoming the same way.
Last December I came back, with a phone I swore I would love (and did) the Lumia 1020. It wasn't long,a couple of weeks, before I noticed the update I had got shortly after had screwed up the phones main selling point: the camera.
After some research I realized I wasn't the only one, and it took alot of arguing, countless resets (Prompted by Nokia,Microsoft and Att) before I got another phone reissued to me. All, originally offered refurbished devices, but I adamantly declined due to the device being less then a month old. Needless to say, the one they replaced it with was just the same.. Virtually broken out of the box.
So, I had to do the same spiels all over again and eventually got another new device. This one perfect, but that sweet victory didn't last long. Soon the camera began to squeal and whine while shooting video and pics.... But then it quit whining like a pup who was about to get spanked for going in the house... It came and it went and I decided to live with it because thinking of going through what I had been through twice before, made my head hurt stomach nauseous. I mean its fine almost 90% of the time... I chalked it up to poor hardware and hoped the successor would be better.
Alas, the Cyan update!!! (Sarcasm) .. We all anxiously awaited this monster update that had been touted for months on end at every turn. I finally read the good news via WpCentral app yesterday but was apprehensive because of the other horror stories I'd read in forums.... I had heard ATT was slow to release the update due to bugs.. Guess what??? Yup, I got my update and now the camera is getting worse,and the bonus of a completely broken store. Its asking me to purchases apps I have already purchased... And when I go into the store under "my apps", the list is completely empty. So I logged in via a PC and it shows I have 2 phones, but most of my purchased apps are there... With an exception of some that that I am being shed to purchase again...weird!
I'm not new, I know what's going to asked of me before I contact support... And yes I have all my email purchase receipts...I rebooted, no help, I restarted... Nothing... I reverted back to factory using the Nokia Software Recovery tool.. And then updated, now I'm pissed and armed. ..
So I reach out to support via chat.... And they said they have others experiencing the same issues and they have no answers or fixes... They prompt me to reboot and if that doesn't work to revert back to 8.0 and then update.... Once I said these were not options because I have already tried them all... That chat turned nasty.... For lack if a better word or description the guy became a **** and refused to let me speak to or give me the info of someone I could call or call me ... Then he just disconnected me...
Long story , but the motto is DO NOT BUY WINDOWS/NOKIA... There is a reason they are losing the smartphone race... Poor build and horrible customer service... Once the check has cleared , so does their conscience!

hagjohn

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
For the apps. Just click buy. It will tell you that you have already purchased the app and if you want to download it again. You shouldn't get charged for the app again.

mickydale

Banned
Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
I tried this, and it does... So with so many purchased apps not showing up on the list, there is no way I'm posting for them all again.... I have given up... Loved my device(s) when they work... But too many hardware issues, and something always goes wrong with an update.! Seriously 3 brand new 1020's in 8 months... Support is of no help, they only regurgitate the same responses of hard reset or recovery tool... Which I try before I call them...

I'm done singing it's praises.... Because they have offered me no choice... I see the ship sinking just based not only my experience, but also others in forums and social media,as well as tech reviewers... They are constantly losing ground at every turn and have no idea how to market the platform or its devices. Not to mention the customer service is horrible... They did nothing worth my other phones, ATT issued me new devices because the others offered no help... I now know why carriers do not push or support the phones and platform, its a liability

spyderzWPC

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I find an easier way to restore apps is go to the windowsphone.com website, sign in...right next to your name in the upper right corner is a drop down menu. from there click purchase history and click on reinstall on the app. it pushes out the install to your phone, a lot easier then hunting them down in the store on your phone and clicking buy again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wasifl