Fingerprint magnet

robjared05

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone noticed how this picks up more fingerprints than anything else out there? It's absolutely horrible looking and ruins what is the best screen of any tablet I've seen.

I compared it to my Dell and pressed my fingers all over both. This definitely showed much more. As much as I am liking the screen this along with other problems is an issue for me.

anon973381

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
It's like they completely forgot to put that glass coating on that their higher end devices have like the 1020.

I know it is GG2 not GG3 but they have a coating they use and this seems to be missing it completely much like they leave it off the 520 for cost.

robjared05

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm glad it's just not me noticing it. I've been reading that Rain-x might help somewhat. It's worked for others with other tablets. I'll let you know if that helps.

sundawg#WP

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I'll be putting a anti-fingerprint screen protector on the 2520 anyway. It's not as easy to wipe the screen on my pants like I do with my 920 5 or 6 times a day. I wonder if it has something to do with the antireflective coating (though, I'm not sure if that is on the inside or the outside of the glass).

robjared05

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I tried the Rainx. The original formula as suggested. I put two coats on. It really does work very well as noted. There are far less prints on the screen and my finger glides easier on the glass.

Phrozty

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I may have to try the rainx solution... any link to it? I noted how terrible of a fingerprint magnet it was in my review... and when I go back to my 1520, it's night and day. It's literally almost impossible for me to leave a fingerprint on my 1520.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Rain-X? Does anyone know if there are any adverse affects? Does it remove any anti-glare or anti-scratch films? I'd like to try it, as mine is covered with fingerprints as well. I can't imagine what the red glossy one looks like.

robjared05

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post links on here but google or bing "rain-X for tablet " and it should bring up a bit of info. It is only for the outside of the screen and should not be used on the case. It's not a perfect solution but is better than the screen without it. The amount of fingerprinting shown ruins the whole effect of the outstanding display.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deadpool7788