Gmail not syncing

brienc

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
A few days ago, Gmail stopped syncing on my Lumia 520. It just continually attempts to sync without completing. I tried deleting then re-adding the account, and that worked for grabbing all of the email, but the next time it attempted to sync, it never completed. I've also restarted the phone a few times to no effect. I'm at a loss for what other troubleshooting steps I can try (other than doing a factory reset) - any ideas?

Rick_Air

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I've had similar with other email accounts, but a power off and on or switching flight mode on and off has fixed it.
I did discover that it seemed to happen when it attempted to sync while in a low signal area, then continued to happen after too when signal was strong. I haven't had it happen since getting 8.1.

PanWorks

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Do you use 2-step authentication for your Gmail account? If so, you might need to request a new app password for your Lumia 520.

cashcar1979

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Same issue here...un-checking Calendar Sync is having no effect either. Gmail just hangs at syncing and then later on prompts me that my "Google Account Info is Incorrect". Gmail works flawlessly with the same account on every other device I own.

Any other ideas?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eozplxz