Golfing with the Band Review

jcb1888

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
recently bought the band for golfing after the first round with it i was impressed gps work evertime also strokes worked pretty well.
but ive used it twice since and its been terrible gps took 2 holes to locked then i would have to press about 6 time before i got a distance reading. then used it again today and was again terrible gps locked in about 5 mins then it tracked for about 5 holes then wouldnt track at all for the rest of the round after the second round i reset the band but this didnt do any good. going to hard reset now but ive been unimpresed so far would also like it to show distance constantly rather than pressing the button and waiting 15 sec then it doesnt work

Sweendog_99

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I was finally able to test golfing with the band out last week while on vacation and I was really impressed with it. It was extremely accurate aside from some putts that I had to swipe to add. The putts missed were mostly tap ins. I also had to manually advance the hole a couple of times but only for holes that had tee boxes side by side.

I love my band and have been impressed with it but the golf app really exceeded my expectations. It is a very well designed app. I just hope they get my home course in soon. I requested it a few times but it still hasn't been added.

auribe14

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
You're using the Band with an iPhone? In addition to the Golf/TaylorMade app, what do you think overall of combining the Microsoft device with the iOS phone?

golfingasu

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site
You're using the Band with an iPhone? In addition to the Golf/TaylorMade app, what do you think overall of combining the Microsoft device with the iOS phone?
I don't have any problems with the ios app at all. It seems slow sometimes when I sync but overall it works well.
The golf app on the band has not worked the last 5 times I have tired to use it. It will not recognize the tee boxes and will not track shots maybe every 5 or 6 holes. I had to get my original band replaced because of the charging issue. The new band has not worked at all with the golf app.

HSolo

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
Hmm.....that's interesting. My friend has an iPhone and Band (I have a Windows phone and band). I have noticed that it takes longer for his band to sync (just in general) to the Microsoft Health app on his iPhone than I experience using Windows phone. Also, in comparing battery life, it seems he consistently gets somewhat less battery life on his Band than I get on mine. I wonder if that has something to do with Bluetooth on the iPhone, and longer sync times.

Anyway, back to the golf app......the last two weeks he has been complaining that his Band is doing a worse job than before of recording his hole score, while mine has been as consistent as before. Since the app is on the Band itself, and the phone used should have no bearing on this whatsoever. But.......strange that you are seeing the same thing. Doesn't compute though......

golfingasu

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site
I don't have a windows phone to compare it to but it does seem to take several minutes. Since I had to get the band replaced several weeks ago I thought the problems were with the new band. Going to test it today again. I did a reset on my band and reinstalled the app. Hope it makes a difference

HSolo

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
I don't have a windows phone to compare it to but it does seem to take several minutes. Since I had to get the band replaced several weeks ago I thought the problems were with the new band. Going to test it today again. I did a reset on my band and reinstalled the app. Hope it makes a difference
Let us know how it goes and I'll do the same after my friend and I play our weekly round on Saturday. If you have better success, I will tell him to reset his Band. As an aside: I reset my band twice in the last two weeks due to playing with Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview......so maybe I'm not seeing the issues you and my friend are BECAUSE of my resets. That would at least make more sense, since it can't be phone OS related.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mintchip