Hotmail doesn't sync

p.nonnekens

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
For some reason, my hotmail-inbox has stopped synchronizing over the last few days. Contacts sync fine, I can send e-mails from my phone, I just don't receive any mail.

I have an @live.nl-account linked to my @hotmail.com "main"-account. The hotmail account is the one I use as my MS-id, and mail to my live account is automatically forwarded. On my phone I have a linked inbox for the two accounts, so I can send from both email addresses, even though all incoming mail is gathered in the hotmail-inbox.

Weird thing is, I don't get any kind of error message, the phone says it's synchronized, when in fact the last e-mail in my phone inbox is from 22-6.

Any ideas?

MattAllison

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I have the exact same problem (HTC 8x FWIW). I noticed it this morning, but it probably started mid-day on Monday. Mail works fine on Windows RT, and Outlook.com.

Changing sync settings (frequency, how far back to sync) doesn't seem to work. Disabling mail sync and then re-enabling it also didn't fix the problem.

Sending mail works, as does searching, but new mail doesn't come in.

I have a 2nd 8X for work that I normally don't have my personal e-mail on, but I use the same Microsoft Account for it so I went ahead and enabled my personal mail. My 2nd phone works fine; new mail and everything.

I could call Verizon (ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha) and ask for help (ha ha ha ha ha ha ha). Maybe if I have spare time.

/sigh.

John Mahon 1

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Also affected. Lumia 920 and a live.com email. I had sporadic issues starting Tuesday and nothing since yesterday morning. I can send emails without issue but no new messages and ones I delete on the phone, don't get moved to trash.

Edit:
Following the instructions on this post fixed my issue.

Last edited:

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
This just started happening to me last night. Same issue.. Can't see new emails but says is up to date. New emails will appear if I access my Hotmail online. I added a duplicate Hotmail account and synced it and all new emails appeared.

Though its a bit silly I had to re-add a duplicate account for this to work. And there's no way in hell I'm doing a hard reset. Seems like everyone had this occur just recently. I have to wonder if MS did something on their backend..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifeca1295