I want to buy a new phone

notrazvanhere

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
I have a HTC 8X and I'm very happy with it, it gets the job done and I love the high dpi screen but the battery is going really fast so I'm in need of a new one. I still want a windows phone but can't seem to find any with a nice screen (with a pixel density above 342 ppi) and under 300 euros without contract. I like the new 950 but it will be over my budget (a lot over my budget). So - is there any chance I can find something like that? Seems like there's not much going on in the medium-high range in MS Phones.

deepak12345

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
I have a HTC 8X and I'm very happy with it, it gets the job done and I love the high dpi screen but the battery is going really fast so I'm in need of a new one. I still want a windows phone but can't seem to find any with a nice screen (with a pixel density above 342 ppi) and under 300 euros without contract. I like the new 950 but it will be over my budget (a lot over my budget). So - is there any chance I can find something like that? Seems like there's not much going on in the medium-high range in MS Phones.
Isn't the 930 available for around 300?..or wait a bit longer for a midranger to be released :)

Ian Too

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I think you should consider a Lumia 930. It will be a considerable upgrade from an 8X having, IIRC 441ppi. The camera will also be a revelation.

Clove.co.uk still show them in stock, except in white.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
300 ppi seems to be the sweet spot, IMHO, but even just a bit under makes a nice display. If you search for 280 ppi and up it yields quite a few results: Phone Finder results - GSMArena.com

Raising the criteria to 340 ppi really reduces your choices: Phone Finder results - GSMArena.com

Here is the raw tool to help you refine your search... Phone Finder - search for a phone by feature - GSMArena.com

You may also want to consider AMOLED vs IPS LCD, camera, OS version, several other factors. The Phone Finder will help you get exactly what you want.