I want to buy a new phone

notrazvanhere

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
I have a HTC 8X and I'm very happy with it, it gets the job done and I love the high dpi screen but the battery is going really fast so I'm in need of a new one. I still want a windows phone but can't seem to find any with a nice screen (with a pixel density above 342 ppi) and under 300 euros without contract. I like the new 950 but it will be over my budget (a lot over my budget). So - is there any chance I can find something like that? Seems like there's not much going on in the medium-high range in MS Phones.

deepak12345

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
I have a HTC 8X and I'm very happy with it, it gets the job done and I love the high dpi screen but the battery is going really fast so I'm in need of a new one. I still want a windows phone but can't seem to find any with a nice screen (with a pixel density above 342 ppi) and under 300 euros without contract. I like the new 950 but it will be over my budget (a lot over my budget). So - is there any chance I can find something like that? Seems like there's not much going on in the medium-high range in MS Phones.
Isn't the 930 available for around 300?..or wait a bit longer for a midranger to be released :)

Ian Too

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I think you should consider a Lumia 930. It will be a considerable upgrade from an 8X having, IIRC 441ppi. The camera will also be a revelation.

Clove.co.uk still show them in stock, except in white.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
300 ppi seems to be the sweet spot, IMHO, but even just a bit under makes a nice display. If you search for 280 ppi and up it yields quite a few results: Phone Finder results - GSMArena.com

Raising the criteria to 340 ppi really reduces your choices: Phone Finder results - GSMArena.com

Here is the raw tool to help you refine your search... Phone Finder - search for a phone by feature - GSMArena.com

You may also want to consider AMOLED vs IPS LCD, camera, OS version, several other factors. The Phone Finder will help you get exactly what you want.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria